IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

About the same time as MariaAz's incident, I was at the local Nissan dealer to check them out in case I needed specialized services for my Z. A salesman met me in the lot out front where the 350Zs were and I talked about my 280Z. The salesman informed me that there's no way I can have a 280Z because they stopped making those 30 years ago! :ogre:
So you've told us:
A short while after I got my car, (2003) I went to the Nissan dealer to get to know the Z tech guy, and one of the salesmen told me that they don't make Zs any more! There's no way I can have a 280Z, because they stopped making them.
"That can't be a Datsun, they topped making those years ago..."

Well, yesterday I had many of these themes come up in the same conversation, when I showed my "new" Z (had it now for 2 years) to some out-of-town relatives. They both commented how cute the car was. One of them pointed to the inspection flaps and asked if those were the headlights. I explained that they were just flaps. They both asked what the car was, and I told them a '78 280Z. One of them then commented, "They haven't changed much, have they?" I think he though the car was recent. I explained, "No, this car was built in 1978." Then he repeated, apparently not understanding, "Yeah, that's what I mean. They haven't changed much at all." I guess he still didn't understand that I was referring to the very car I was driving, as opposed to the model. I guess he thought the model must still be in production, since apparently I had just bought one.

After asking me about the Z, he asked me about my 2001 Z3, asking if I still had "that old yellow car." Mind you, the old yellow car was in show-room condition, so I guess it was just the body style he thought made it an antique. Go figure.

Then the other relative (who apparently grasped that the Z was an antique) asked me how fast it goes. I replied that I don't know -- that I've never driven it that fast. Incredulously, and with a smirk on her face, she quipped, "WHY NOT?!" (This comes from an elderly, retired primary school teacher.) I told her that in its day it would go around 160. In hind-sight, I think I should have told her, "I don't know. I'm not dumb enough to try driving it that fast.";)

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not a Datsun, but i just had to share it with you guys. A friend of mine pulled into his college campus one morning and someone with a large amount of intelligence and a yellow MR2, had parked in the "select parking." He had a bunch of Lamborghini emblems on the car as well. You should of seen the crowd around the car, people were saying things like, "How can he afford this?" or, "This car is worth at least 100k." Others were taking photos of the car because it was such a rare thing to see. So if any of you guys need an instant 100k increase in you cars value go get some Lambo emblems and slap them on.

Yeah, that falls under 'ask me how I know'. I'd take any of the three S30's I once owned over the 84 Vette but the way I came across it, I couldn't pass it up.

Same with me and an '83 Mustang GT. Got it for free with 89k miles! Needless to say, never again...