IGNORED

So... Whats your beer? ID's Checked at the door.

overdrivex

If anyone gets a chance, read the label on an Arrogant Bastard Ale. It always cracks me up.

BTW, the skeleton on the dead guy ale's bottle glows in the dark. One time after a long night of drinking, I woke up to use the bathroom and was surprised to see a bunch of glowing skeletons lined up on the counter :)

Zak - Not all Canadian provinces have the same restrictions on selling beer as Ontario. Quebec is one that allows the sale of beer and wine at the local depanneur (corner store) and grocery stores. Also, Ontario allows the sale of beer/spirits/wine from local establishments in towns where a regular beer store or LCBO is not available. Come visit Osgoode (35 kms south of Ottawa), you can buy beer, a lottery ticket, a bag of nails, and fill up the gas can at the local Pronto. Very handy...

GWGarrard

GWGarrard,

I knew about Quebec, we used to go over the bridge on Sundays to get beer before the Ottawa stores were open on Sundays. And when I was 18 we would head over there to drink on weekends.

And I knew some local 'corner stores' were designated as LCBO/BEER outlets in lieu of an actual government store in rural areas, is this what your Pronto is??

Edited by Zak's Z

Just bought a case of this beer. kinda light and crisp beer. has a smoky/mosquie taste to it. hints the name. would make a great beer to drink with BBQ or anything grilled.

Nice, I'll have to pick some up and give it a shot.