IGNORED

Seat mounts on new floor pan

DC871F

Thinking of replacing floor pan, are there any measurements for welding in seat mounts after new floor pans installed?

The Zedd floors seem the way to go, do they offer any replacement measurement?

I actually just did this today. Cut out a roughly 12x12 square just behind the front seat mount bracket. Thought about removing the bracket from the floor first, but it looked like alot of work. I left the rear bracket in place and drilled the spotwelds out. Still have lots to do, but it's gettin there! I'm definately no body man, but the great info here inspired me to try. Good luck with yours!;)

post-18960-14150807159029_thumb.jpg

post-18960-14150807159744_thumb.jpg

post-18960-14150807184852_thumb.jpg

I've recently replaced one side with a replacement floor panel and I found once welded in it had about 10mm bow down in the centre. It's too far for me to persuade the original seat mount to take up so I'm going to have to fold up some new ones and make them fit. It was not distinguishable to the eye but when you put something flat across it it becomes obvious.

Just something to keep in mind because I didn't think of it. Keep your seat mount or something flat handy and keep checking your floor is nice and flat as you weld it in. Good luck!

did you keep the front seat mount in place when you put the floor in?

No I removed the seat mounts because I put the floor in from the inside. I wanted the overlap in the trans tunnel to step so the tunnel piece went over the floor piece so there was less chance of water running in any gap in the weld. I overlapped all my joins by about 15mm.

Keeping the front mount in place would help if you can do it that way.

Or tack the mount to the new floor section as you're fitting the floor. You shouldn't have any troubles so long as you keep this in mind as you're going. I only got caught out because I didn't think of it.