What do you take along.... - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What do you take along....

Featured Replies

When you go for a day cruise, or a longer trip in your Z (tool wise) in case your Z decides to quit while you're far from home?

I've just done a bunch of ignition, and electrical upgrades to my Z, and being a 30+ year old car I hate to be stuck on the side of the road, in the middle of no where, on a dark rainy night (did I forget anything?) without at least a fighting chance of fixing it on the road side, and getting myself home, or at least to the nearest service station.

Thanks

i was thinking something else when i first read the title :laugh:

But i always have my my portable tool kit with me. little el'cheapo 125 piece tool kit, car jack, i actually have a fire extinguisher too(something i wish i had when my corolla burned...) and a gallon of rad. premix.

I hate to be stuck on the side of the road, in the middle of no where, on a dark rainy night

as far as that goes i have a something else that make me worry less about dark roads in the middle of no where.;)

I have an L.E.D. torch/flashlight with a hand crank generator on it, so you can charge your phone or pocket PC. It's handy on camping tips. I even have a fancy lantern with a white l.e.d. light, red l.e.d. strobe, AM/FM radio with weather, and a hand crank with phone charging jack. It's rather neat, though bulkier than the l.e.d. torch.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.