IGNORED

Black Dragon or Motorsport Auto for bushing kits?

saridout

i'm trying to decide which front suspension bushing kit i should buy for my '76. the BDA kit is 30 bucks more, but is it worth it? are there many additional bushings, and/or is the kit better quality? is there a better kit from a different online source? i'd love to hear from some folks who have bought a kit.

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/z/full.aspx?page=43

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PSDC06A/23-4100AZ

hey saridout, i have never had a problem dealing with Motorsport and I haven't had any experiance with Black Dragon, but on my 76' Z I used the prothane bushing kit from summit racing. check them out here: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PTP%2D14%2D2002&N=700+400351+115&autoview=sku i hope the link works. Anyway, I love these bushings they made a huge difference in the feel of the car and I'm sure either of the other kits will too. Oh, by the way if you don't have the urathane steering coupler from motorsport I highly reccommend it. super quick and tight steering. I also have the billet diff mount from them, a little noisy but no clunks between gears and it definately feels more planted when accelerating. Hope this helps, Billy

Edited by billyjarrell

Yeah, they do come in red or black, but black was sold out when I ordered so I took red because I didn't want to wait. As far as whats in the kit, you get rear mustache bar bushings, rear control arm bushings, sway bar end links front and rear. front control arm bushings and torque rod bushings, and front tie rod end boots. One word of advice, when I did mine the right rear lower control arm pin, the one that runs from front to rear on the outer end of the lower control arm was seized up and took an torch and press to get free. Blackdragon had the replacement in stock, but it left my car down a few days more than expected. As far as handling goes, it makes all the difference in the world! If your car dives or acts squirlley on bumps (worn mustache bar bushings, or lower control arm bushings) you will notice a huge improvement. As for noise, i have had them for over two years and had to re-lube the rears once for squeeking, but other than that they've been great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, the bushing kit finally got here, and it's really nice. i can recommend energy suspensions, the factory, for making quality bushings. energysuspensionparts.com, the distributor, kept an open line of conversation going with me, but they never told me that it would take a month for my purchases to get to me. if you buy from them, beware, a typical wait is 3 weeks.

Guys

Even though I sometimes sell the parts you asked about most small shops like me do not sell enough to afford the buy in they require to get good enough pricing to be able to make enough money to cover the costs so here is my advice for you all. Call Bruce at Suspension restoration and he ships the same day and has a very good stock of Nissan kits I believe if you tell him that I sent you that he will treat you pretty good and he will deal with you personally and not some huge corporate phone system where you are a number.

Bruce can be reached at 209-578-5101 and you can see the products and pricing at www.suspension.com and tell him Les at Classic Datsun sent you. Take care!