IGNORED

Finding my old car

oskidunker1

I don't know, the topic of Texas is a bit more intersting to me. My sister lives in Houston. She doesn't know how I can stand to live in California and I don't know how she can stand to live in Texas. She talks about the cost of stuff here and I talk about the weather there. We both love to visit each others' state but can't wait to get back home from the visit. I guess it's all in what your're used to. Oh, and she's not the family member with connections with the California DMV:) Now, back to the topic. I've searched for my former 70 240Z off and on for several years now and it seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not so much as a trace shows up through the DMV records. Having a connection didn't even help.

Edited by sblake01

...Texas is the only state in the US that has a constitutional right to secede from the United States...

I hate to break it to you, but Texas doesn't really have any constitutional right to secede. That's just misinformation that is often take as fact among many Texans - I believed it too, until I did my research. Sorry.

actually it does have constitutional right. in the constitution texas is recognized as a free and independent state subject to only the constitution. in the constitution it does not say that texas cannot secede. texas is the only state recognized as "Free and independent state, subject to only the constitution." there no provision in the constitution made saying that texas cannot secede.

actually it does have constitutional right. in the constitution texas is recognized as a free and independent state subject to only the constitution. in the constitution it does not say that texas cannot secede. texas is the only state recognized as "Free and independent state, subject to only the constitution." there no provision in the constitution made saying that texas cannot secede.

I loved the time I spent in Texas, as well as the people, and I have to say that this sort of attitude was rare. United we stand, divided we fall. That's all I'm going to say on this topic. :tapemouth

Edited by =Enigma=

Granbury is near to Dallas IIRC. That's puts you about 300 miles from my sister's house. Texas is huge. The only direction I could 300 miles from home and still be in the same state is north. She's comming out here this summer but we might be visiting her in 2010.