IGNORED

Black Pearl or Z-zap Stripe Kit

cglomstad

By the way. Just purchased my 77 280z. I am 19 and have pulled interior and found no interior rust anywhere. Strong engine with new injectors, brake lines, carpet and seats, and new clutch. Small amount of rust on the hatch deck. Learning that may be typical. Paid 1300.

Think I did okay. Will be needing help with questions to come. Thanks in advance

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think either kit is still generally available.

The Black Pearl stripes were pretty much just silver and red pin stripes and should be fairly easy to replicate, given a few good pictures of the originals.

But the ZZap stripes would be much harder to do. You'd need to probably work with a vinyl sign shop for those. Both pictures and measurements would be necessary.

To the best of my knowledge original stripe kits are no longer available from Nissan / Datsun. I know about the stripe kit that is on eBay at the moment. As described, I can loosly confirm that several years ago the Black Pearl stripe kit was reproduced in a group buy effort. The kit on eBay is most probably one of them.

I know the seller of this stripe kit. He is very honest and straight forward. I have purchased parts from him with no problems. He was very particular with his cars and only bought NOS parts unless they were no longer available. He would only purchase reproduction parts of the highest quality.

To the best of my knowledge original stripe kits are no longer available from Nissan / Datsun. I know about the stripe kit that is on eBay at the moment. As described, I can loosly confirm that several years ago the Black Pearl stripe kit was reproduced in a group buy effort. The kit on eBay is most probably one of them.

I might be overstepping my bounds here, but perhaps this kit is best left for someone looking to restore an actual Black Pearl Z. If I were simply looking to create a look-alike, I would actually prefer to paint the stripes on, but that's just my opinion.