Paint update on #797 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Paint update on #797

Featured Replies

We got the first coat of clear on today so I snapped a few shots. A little more work tomorrow and the final painting should be done on Monday....Yea!

Hopefully can start putting everything back together next week, then the interior work begins..........

post-13312-14150806286039_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150806286444_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150806286774_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150806287102_thumb.jpg

Hi

Very nice hope to see it done sooner :)

Filipe

Looks good Randy. Is the left side of the lower valance dented a little (left of the bumper bracket mounting area)? I also notice that the left rear bumper mounting rear has three holes, but the right only has two. My #32 is like that too, but I think my 1972 has three holes on both sides. I think those lower third holes are used for mounting the tie down hooks. I wonder if that is a series 1 change or an early production change.

-Mike

post-9102-14150806287432_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150806287759_thumb.jpg

I dunno, Mike. Maybe #32 is the oddball. My Series 1 (RIP) only had two holes on the right side as well, so that looks to be consistent with these two early cars. (My Series 2 has 3 holes on both sides.)

But my yellow car had the exact same crease near the left bumper mount. The yellow car showed no other evidence of damage there, so I always assumed it was a stamping artifact.

post-8596-14150806288175_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Mike,

I never noticed the three holes on the left side, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the good eye on the lower valence, hopefully its something from the camera as I don't remember ever seeing that, but first thing in the morning I'm going to check........How could we have missed that......:stupid:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.