IGNORED

16x7 Rota RB and Eibachs

adamr

I am wondering if anyone has the Rota rb 16x7 +4 offeset wheels and Eibach lowering springs? If so, what tire size? I want to fill out the wheel wells nicely, but want the car to drive properly, with NO rubbing (I do not want to roll my fenders, either). Is that possible? Is there anyone out there who can give me the definitive answer as to if they rub? I'd love to see pics if you got 'em.

Thanks!

Adam

No recent experience, but 16x7 +4 should be fine with either 205/55-16 or 205/50-16, even lowered. You might even get away with 225/50-16. The only place I'd expect any possible rubbing would be when turning at the front valance, assuming no air dam.

Any good tire shop should be willing to mount a tire and test fit it for you, before mounting the entire set. Watch the right front during the trial fitment.

I've got 3 lowered Z's. One has 225-50-16's and the front valence rubs when backing up in a hard turn and bottoms on a hard dip. Another has 205-50-16's which are an inch shorter than the 225's and somewhat narrower......there are absolutely no valence or bottom out problems with the 205's. The last Z is still in restoration, but will have 205-55-16's which are the same height as the 225's but narrower. I haven't run these yet, but believe it will fill the well the best without the problems of the 225's. The white Z in the avatar has the 225's. Guy

Thank you both.

I've seen lots of your helpful posts. Given all that you have written, I feel confident I can go ahead with my wheel purchase. Guy, your experience really confirms it. I have wanted to do this since I picked up the car a year ago. Just needed to know for sure, and now need just a little more $$. 18 racing/ Wheelbay? Anyone know who has the best deal on the Rotas? How about the Eibachs? MSA?

Thanks again!

Adam

Edited by adamr

• 1 year later...

I have a 2+2 and am running eibachs with tokico blues and 16-7 +4 rotas rb with 245-50-16 and have no rub issues. I did trim a bit off the front airdam but no rub on fenders. Now I believe the rear body work of a 2+2 is 2" wider but the front is the same(anybody please feel free to jump in on this). I dont know how to attatch pics but if you email me I will send you some pics. justinp551@yahoo.com