IGNORED

new here.

p3t3rc

hey guys,

new to this forum but looking for good information to help me along the way. gotta be honest and say i dont know squat about these Classics Z s but im hoping to learn alot. my pops owned a 300z my brother a 300zxtt so ive always wanted one. i thought about the 350z but i like the 240z. anyways im looking for all the help i can get so somewhere down the line i can own one.

-Peter

Spend the extra money on a complete car. Starting with a shell, rolling or not, will cost ya big time, to get road worthy. You'll find they start around $1000 for a decent shape one. Look for rust on the frame rails, battery tray,behind the front wheels where the frame and body roll under the car, floor boards and doglegs (just behind the doors and forward of the rear wheels)

Find one with as little rust as possible in those areas, the rest is easy. The motors are a breeze to work on, parts are a 50/50 deal. Some are readily available, some are pretty rare, but out there somewhere. Get it running right, then worry about the interior and body.

Good luck and welcome to one of the Best sites for your future investment.

Dave.

Why is it you don't want to buy a car with all the parts in it already? Alot of the parts for this car are simply not available new. The parts that are available new cost alot of money. Depending on your reasons for buying a shell only, I think there would always be a good argument to buy a complete car.

Edited by Zak's Z

I'm with Dave and Zak here, buying a car in parts is way to expensive, get a car as complete as possible, it will be cheapest in the end and it shouldn't be a problem finding one without to much rot where you come from.

Have patience while looking.

Chris

thanks for the info guys. ill reconsider the whole idea about just buying a shell. the reason for the shell was cause i wanted to strip the whole car.. sand, re primer, and paint. make sure the rust is taken care of and prevent future rust problems.

sounds good seems as if im going to be looking for a complete car now. in your opinion which car is better? i do know the 240 is only 4spd. 260 and 280 are 5spd. and that 260 are rare. but as far as have a good project car which would you recommend?