Looking for: Seat Vent - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for: Seat Vent

Featured Replies

I've got my 1971 Z seats out for re-upholstery and the the guy calls me and says he cant find the air vents in the seat backs...

by any chance does anyone have a source for these???

if anyone has any ideas/contacts for these plz let me know asap :)

here is a pic to refresh the memories out there...

4 in each seat...

post-7699-14150805417251_thumb.jpg

I think you should try to ask some roadster vendors, it looks the same as the one in a low windshield car.

Chris

I bought a reupholstery set that has these vents in them but have never seen them as a stand alone item.

There is mention of a modified seat back eyelet kit, that contained parts for one seat, four eyelets and plain washers. Referred to as just "Seat Back Fasteners, HLS30" with no part number. It's free to ask your local dealer, but I don't know how they would react to "no part number".

The upholsterer who did the seats in my "Precious" said that they were as scarce as hen's teeth to source and it was lucky for me that he had enough OLD brass ones in stock to do the job.

Rick.

:devious::devious:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm not familiar with these vents used for early Corvettes, but you could inquire about the actual dimensions of them to see if they compare to the 240Zs vents.

http://www.zip-products.com/Zip/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=I%2D138&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D3210%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CSeat%20Back%20%26%20Vents&HSLB=False&mscssid=0C8764462554D49D9B498796AB3F721D

If you call me I can provide the missing vents for your seats but I have to wonder who is selling a seat kit without the correct parts 760-940-6365

Les

Les, is it the same as in a roadster, i could use 8 of them for my -66.

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.