IGNORED

L28 Turbo into a 76 280Z??

jtros

Ok, I just picked up a L28 Turbo motor. I want to put it into my 76 280z. What is all involved in putting it in what do I have to change or add to make it work with the turbo.

I also plan on Rebulding the motor and putting performance parts in it. Any suggestions on what set up is best with this motor.

What is a good boost contoroler and how much should I be able to run.:classic:

• 1 month later...

*sigh* where to begin? I'll try to be to the point as possible.

1. L28 and L28et motors are essentially the same the only difference is the turbo head, dished pistons to lower compression, exhaust manifold. There are a couple but I cant remember exactly.

What year L28et did you pick up? You should replace the engine mounts as they're prob really messed up. Don't bother with soft ones..might as well get some hard urethane mounts. Also you might want to look into getting a 4.11 R200 rear and a ZX 5 speed to have the appropriate gearing for the L28et. bolt em up and hoist em in and bolt it down then wire it up a Haynes or Chilton manual will be priceless during these steps. The whole thing should be pretty straight forward. F/I isn't my thing. I like to build high comp N/A Z's but you can build a MBC for like 7 bucks from home depot, or you can get a Blitz SBC-iD which is about $450 but the best on the market, another good one is the GReddy/TRUST/Gracer/GREX Profec B depending on what part of the world you're in at a cool $270, turbo wise you might wanna look into a T3/T4 hybrid and some new injectors and an aftermarket standalone computer. No matter how much you tune the factory ECU...it wont be as flexible or easy to do as it will with a standalone once you get the hang of it. Building a fast turbo motor isn't cheap if you want to do it right.