IGNORED

Repainting tips

aronlove

Thanks, Zak.

Yep, sound's like I've got some work to do!

As I was already prepared to overhaul the engine, I guess the first step

would be to pull the dang thing out.

My wife isn't going to like not having a garage for her Lincoln but oh well ;)

I'll let you guys know how bad it is once I start sanding.

Thanks again.

-Aaron

Aaron, I did my complete job in my 2 car garage and my Wife's car was always able to be in the garage at night. Especially a good thing in Winter. I went to Harbor Fright and bought a set of dollies . with all four wheels on them I just pulled the car to the center of the garage to work on and pushed her back by the work bench after clean up . With these I could also rotate the Z end for end for better lighting on the area I was working on. Makes clean up easier also. With the engine out it is vary easy to roll the Z around, a little harder once the engine and tranny is installed but still a can do with no problem.

Regarding the aircraft paint stripper. Get some "good" chemical resistant gloves. I used it to strip a car to bare metal. I started with "industrial" thickness vinyl gloves and after 30 minutes could feel it burning my skin. That problem was solved when I ordered a pair of the proper gloves from McMaster-Carr.