IGNORED

What ticks you off about Ebay

hls30.com

What is the worst part about Ebay?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst part about Ebay?

• Ebay is difficult to contact when there is a problem-too many limitations on issues
    • Ebay doesn't police their site for illegal activity or violations of their own policy.
    • Ebay doesn't hold their listings long enough after an auction ends.
    • Ebay does not require enough verification info to sign up
    • Ebay does not allow off site links(after you get caught)
    • Ebay does give enough room of proper feed back details
    • Bad feedback does not automaticly save an auction ad and paypal involvement for posterity.
    • Ebay gives Sellers options that look like more than a check box is involved on the actual ad.
    • EBay never shares what was done when there is a problem.
    • Ebay shows no evidence of any action when a problem is reported.
    • Communicating with ebay is an exercize in autoresponse and no resolution.
    • EBay Scripts everything to the point it is absolutely unresponsive.
    • Ebay would be great if its management had to experience the same service its actual users do.
    • Ebay is not interested in doing the right thing.
    • Ebay is a money hungry fee monster

• 3 months later...

For me, I hate it when you search for something, and it comes up with 87 auctions for the same thing, which you don't want anyway.

The other annoying thing is all the sellers listing something for 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, when the description says it's for a 280ZX. :mad:

Edited by TomoHawk

• 2 weeks later...

I figure this is the thread to add new relevent information to better understand the Ebay/PayPal experience. Mostly because it "Ticks Me Off".

I had bought and never recieved items from Ebay on a few other occasions and nothing was done about it other than lip service, but this time it was for a substantial amount of money and I made sure to take all the precautions to ensure not getting stung. Without boring everyone with details, it resulted with me winning the PayPal "Item Not Recieved" process and the funds were returned to my account. I immediately went to "My Ebay" with the intention of leaving a negative feedback because I wanted to share the bad taste left in my mouth with anyone else tempted to buy from this seller.

SURPRISE!!...The "Leave Feedback" button was gone and replaced with..."View PayPal Transaction". My ability to warn anyone of stepping into a trap was gone and the unscrupulous seller doesn't get so much as a "Negative Feedback". I am supposed to be content that after waiting several months, I've been given my own money back.

This just further explains how a devious Power Seller can sell many low dollar items, occasionally, intentionally stiff people for big ticket items and hope the unwary buyer slips up during the process (which is easy to do) disqualifying themselves from getting a refund. Be careful out there!

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that Feedback can still be left. Although the "Leave Feedback" link was replaced with "View PayPal Transaction" by Ebay, there is a drop down menu which allows us to leave Feedback. If I missed that, I'm sure others have also. I do feel better now, knowing I can warn others.

Edited by geezer
Corrected Information