IGNORED

Laguna Seca Oct. 4,5,6

Zvoiture

Unfortunately, it seems at times Datsun/Nissan people are "the worst" when it comes to representing their marque at Laguna Seca. And yet there was a time when the big-horsepower GTP Nissans dominated the track during the IMSA Camel GT Championships.

But that can all change! We have been in touch with Mazda

Raceway at Laguna Seca to establish a "Datsun/Nissan" corral for the October 4-6 U.S. Sports Car Invitational. This is an inaugural event and a historic one. This will be an extravaganza, with GTP and GT cars from the 80's and early 90's competing in sprint races on Saturday and endurance races on Sunday. The endurance races each last 90 minutes.

Saturday night is an Oktoberfest at the track with German beer and brats, along with live bands.

The awesome Nissan GTP cars will be racing. These cars dominated the IMSA Camel GT Championships for three years just before the demise of the series. If you have never seen these monster bhp Nissan beauties run, you've missed what Nissan racing is all about.

Also in attendance will be the GTP and GT cars of Porsche, Jaguar, BMW, Mazda and Toyota. For the members who haven't seen these babies, they resemble the mighty Group C LeMans cars.

Go to www.laguna-seca.com for the skinny on this great race. The deadline for purchasing the corral is 9/20. We only have to buy 20 tickets at $10 per pass. Our corral will be be near turn 2. This beats the hell out of parking on the side of a bumpy, dusty hill and walking half a mile to the track. $10 corral passes are IN ADDITION TO regular admission tickets ($40/two day pass...less for one day, etc...)

There's gotta be 20 of us who would like to caravan and/or park together at this incredible event. (Some of us are going with or without the Corral!) If you are interested, contact Steve McConnell ASAP at: ZVOITURE@aol.com

HURRY!

Steve McConnell

(with writing and organizational credit to John & Sherry)

Central Coast Z Car Club

746 Via Bandolero

Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

805-441-6856

FAX 805-473-5871

ZVOITURE@aol.com

Not sure...Big tracks like this are tough (to get on)....Clubs will rent Buttonwillow and Willow springs and Thunderhill and such, but LS and SP? It is nearly impossible to get info off the web sites of these places too. You pretty much need to just be 'in the know'--a regular at events, belong to a big club like POA, or just know "somebody" to get track time.

steve77

Yep, their web site has little info on the subject. I find it hard to believe that there's not some days where no one is on the track. It would be cool to have a few days where you could show up and drive a few laps.

I've raced around the track on a mountain bike (Sea Otter Classic) - I'd just like to do it in a car.

Steve,

Your are killing me with this post. I would love

to come down and watch races at Laguna . Unless

you are in a large BMW , Porsche, or Cobra club

chances are you aren't getting on the track.

They even gave the US Touring Cars grief with

the sound levels I heard.

My friend did attend the Mini Cooper event they

had there last year and he has some great photos

of his car coming down the hill.

Your are killing me with this post. I would love

to come down and watch races at Laguna >>>>>

Then put your butt in the car and get down here. It's only what, 15 hours?

Or you could fly down here. I could even get you a donor Z you could drive up to the races in with us! (oh there's some real good grammar!)

seve77