Looking for A/C for a 240Z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for A/C for a 240Z

Featured Replies

I am restoring a '73 240Z and would like to put AC in it. Any ideas where I could find everything I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I took most of the AC out of my 72.... sitting on the garage floor. PM me if you want me to dig it out.

Hi,When I got this 72z last Dec. I removed an aftermarket AC that was installed in 73 It worked.Ialso have the Orignal Recipt. It was profesionally instaled.But the brackets were fabricated,I suppose none were available I suppose.I just didnt want Ac draining H.P. tex if your interested. Steves72z

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for the help

The set Arne mentions, or the one from MSA should work very well. I changed out my boat anchor compressor using the MSA compressor conversion kit http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/SAC01 (also replaced the hoses, flushed the evaporater, etc) and went to R134. That, combined with changing to the Civic fan blower motor gives my Z excellent A/C! It's cold enough that rarely do I ever have the fan on full, except on 95+ days sitting in traffic.

I chose the MSA kit a couple months ago when I replaced the old York compressor, all the plumbing, and the interior unit that had been installed since 1972. I'm pleased with the kit and was driving it yesterday in 95 degree heat with the windows up. Cool.

Dennis

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.