IGNORED

Snapshots of the 280

mikewags

Thanks for sharing! Looks like either a '75 or a '76 judging by the bumpers. Love the paint and you've taken really nice care of it. Congrats! The early Z's are such head turners and a blast to drive aren't they?

Cheers!

Edit: I just learned how to read I guess...'75 it is then. :)

Edited by skunkbud280Z

Mikewags, nice looking car, and a great location for pictures. I was looking at the number for your car #282,503, mine is 281,114 and my car was made in 11/75 and is considered a 1976 in then state of Pennsylvania. How can yours be made after mine and considered a 1975?

Well, I've always figured that car companies will produce/manufacture cars prior to the year they are released and "modeled" for. For instance: a 2008 Ford Expedition would be manufactured in mid-to-late 2007.

Everything on my Z indicates that it was made in 1975 (albeit late 1975) so I naturally assumed it's a '75 Z. I would also assume yours is as well. It is also likely of course that Nissan was pumping out 1976 models in November of 1975...How to tell for sure? Who knows.

Also, we have to keep in mind these are Japanese cars; so I'm not entirely sure we can trust that the state of Florida or Pennsylvania knows exactly what their talking about, regarding these Z's.

I was actually unimpressed with the quality of these photos. I think they came out real hazy because it was 90 degrees out and bright as hell.

It's a Canon Elph Powershot SD450. I've got a Sony digital DSC-150 (something like that) although I haven't been able to find my charger. That one takes some pretty killer photos.

To take out the haze affect on pictures use a polarized filter. They really do work well and will deepen the colors.

Look around for pictures on the internet explaining this and you see what I mean. I have some pictures that I took when first experimenting with the polarized filter that I can upload as well.

77 280Z

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/babry27/77%20Datsun%20Restoration/?start=all