IGNORED

What's in YOUR garage?

Arne

Since one of the cars in the photo that opened this thread isn't mine, I thought that maybe I should show the real occupants. The 240Z normally shares the space with:

1996 BMW 328i - 5 speed, Sport pack, euro lighting and Schnitzer wheels

attachment.php?attachmentid=27169&stc=1&d=1229376620

1992 BMW K75RT

attachment.php?attachmentid=27170&stc=1&d=1229376620

Previous occupants of note:

1991 VW Jetta GLI 16v - sits outside now, unofficially given to my son

attachment.php?attachmentid=27171&stc=1&d=1229376620

1981 BMW 323i (euro) - sold, but I miss it

attachment.php?attachmentid=27172&stc=1&d=1229376620

post-8596-14150805551659_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150805551895_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150805552101_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150805552229_thumb.jpg

Love the classic Euro E21!!!
Yeah, it was a good ride. Five speed, that sweet little 2.3 liter six, limited slip, factory Recaros, Hardy & Beck shocks and springs, and staggered 15" BBS. Sold it with 360,000 km on the odometer. Was eventually replaced by the Z.

I made a small addition to my garage. Last weekend a friend and I made a 22 hour short road trip to Albuquerque and back to pick up engine #L24-4621. It didn't come with the exhaust manifold, intakes, carbs, starter or alt, but it did include the rotating assembly, factory patch on the oil pan, E-31 head and the 2400 valve cover. This will go into HLS30-00110 when the time and money is ready as I have all of the missing parts on the L26 that is in it now.

Bonzi Lon

Wow!! Some impressive cars in your all's garages. Currently, I have a one car garage with loads of tools and kids toys but I manage to squeeze in 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo

IMG_1266.jpg

In another garage I rent until I can build a big one on my property somewhere I have my fathers 1965 Austin Healey 3000 that I inherited and awaits restoration

DSCN0695.jpg

My SAD 1970 240Z of course

DSCN0682.jpg

My eBay Nightmare 1959 Triumph TR3A What a POS!!!

img052.jpg

although it's my brother's its still in my rented garage a Yamaha and Ducati 9 something or other... I'm not a motorcycle person, yet!

DSCN0693.jpg

Greg,

I have plenty of room for the 3000 (ok, not really but I'll find some)........and Greens my favorite color, and Knoxville's not too far from Kentucky...................................So could you "donate" the Healey to me....:nervous:

Nice collection you have, but I love that 3000.

Thanks! LOL British Racing Green is just perfect for a Healey. I remember that car when I was 5. Dad would pull it out of the garage roaring to life. I had to hold my ears! We'd go for a drive and I'd be all buckled in the rear jump seat, wind just pounding on my face as he spiritedly drove down the road..... Such a shame he parked it in 76 for a rusty floorboard and a brake job!!!! It's never been fired up since.. He was the Second owner of her in 1965! A plan is in the works! Trust me, she will rot no more!

Greg,

I have plenty of room for the 3000 (ok, not really but I'll find some)........and Greens my favorite color, and Knoxville's not too far from Kentucky...................................So could you "donate" the Healey to me....:nervous:

Nice collection you have, but I love that 3000.

Edited by gregs240z

My eBay Nightmare 1959 Triumph TR3A What a POS!!!

img052.jpg

although it's my brother's its still in my rented garage a Yamaha and Ducati 9 something or other... I'm not a motorcycle person, yet!

Send it this way I had a British green one in high school. We won't talk about when that was. It was a challenge to keep it running. Really fun when she did run.

Pictures are deceiving! That pile of crap only ran once when I received delivery from California. The seller said it was a good car when in fact it was a scam. Its a cheap 30 foot paint job that covered up body filler and newspaper! The frame is bent and poorly repaired with 1/4 inch diamond plate steel. He used what ever he could find to cover the rust holes. I removed the usable panels, parts, interior, and engine and the rest is sitting behind my shed waiting to be crushed into a cube. The body shell rusted into 2 pieces! Its is worth more as recycled steel than a car.

Bottom line: Never take someone's word that its a "restored" car. It was my fault though as I did not have someone inspect it prior to purchase... I learned an expensive lesson the hard way!

Edited by gregs240z