IGNORED

pics of Miami Meet 08/16

westpak

yeah I have met Greg a couple of times before, haven't seen him at a meet in a while

With about 12 GT-R dealers in the area we should see some GT-R's around

After driving it I liked it but not overly impressed, I guess it is a car that you really have to take to the track to justify the expense, but then taking a 70K+ car on the track would make me nervous

I doubt it will take Greg long to get used to that GT-R... and take it to the track..

Thanks for posting the pictures - just wish Miami wasn't so far away... or maybe it wasn't so hot in Aug/Sept here in Florida...

Looks like you have a good group of enthusiasts in your area..

Carl B.

yeah I have met Greg a couple of times before, haven't seen him at a meet in a while

With about 12 GT-R dealers in the area we should see some GT-R's around

After driving it I liked it but not overly impressed, I guess it is a car that you really have to take to the track to justify the expense, but then taking a 70K+ car on the track would make me nervous

I am pretty happy with my Nismo Z at less than 1/2 the price. Looking forward to the driving comparison in the next Nissan Sport Mag. The GTR is a technological tour de force no doubt.

I doubt it will take Greg long to get used to that GT-R... and take it to the track..

Thanks for posting the pictures - just wish Miami wasn't so far away... or maybe it wasn't so hot in Aug/Sept here in Florida...

Looks like you have a good group of enthusiasts in your area..

Carl B.

I wish it wasn't so far either, would love to Z ya at our meets, we do have a great group of guys, mikewags from here has come out to the last couple meets since he found us, great guy.

I am pretty happy with my Nismo Z at less than 1/2 the price. Looking forward to the driving comparison in the next Nissan Sport Mag. The GTR is a technological tour de force no doubt.

yeah price is a huge part, don't get me wrong I still want one, just glad I didn't get rid of my Z's in an effort to make room financially and garage wise for it, my 350Z just feels a lot better when looking for the power, the GT-R will be a nice compromise of power and driveability. I love the power in my 350Z but some times wish it was more civilized, almost 600 horses can be a handful plus the compromises in civility from the suspension and drivetrain to handle the power.

or you could say the Vette resembles the GT-R, here is a picture of the last 4 generations of GT-R's

tuners1.jpg

I think the Vette had a lock on the quad round tail lights long before the GT-R did. I was actually just looking at the sharp lines of the rear, the wide look of it.

Nice car to be sure, way outta my price range as well. I am not crazy about the styling but I bet it is a blast to be behind the wheel of one.

You'll have another GTR in FL. Greg Ira picked his up at my friends dealership in SC yesterday. My son & I got a ride in it. Cool car. Got the car at MSRP too!

Is MSRP typical? here in RDU the local Nissan dealer was excited to offer their GTR at MSRP + $25,000. Nice car...not willing to suck up that kind of premium though

Is MSRP typical? here in RDU the local Nissan dealer was excited to offer their GTR at MSRP + $25,000. Nice car...not willing to suck up that kind of premium though
Very few are getting MSRP on this car. I was lucky my friend was willing to do that for Greg. I got my Nismo Z at invoice.....