IGNORED

Rear Louver Locks

Tim 76' 280Z

Those are interpart louvers-I don't know if the locks are/were available by themselves.

I'll go through my parts and see if I have any, Since your laast post on this subject, I bought a set of NOS Interpart Louvers for 280ZX, and they may have the same locks-if so, I'll see about reproducing them for you.

Will

Those are Interpart LiftLouvers. I have some on my 810. They haven't been made for years and the company is out of business. I ended up buying another louver for an unknown vehicle just to get the locks to replace the ones on mine that had broken. Bought it at a yard sale for 5 bucks. It was kind of beat up but the locks were good and it even had a couple of extra 'keys'. Those 'locks' are plastic and really not made very well so you have the be careful with them even with the key. I much prefer the setup on my Chastain Shadow louver on my Z but those can't be adapted to the Interpart louvers.

Thanks Will! Jusy let me know what you find. Im not having any luck with these cars in wrecking yards here in oregon. Sucks! Have not gone to eugene or salem tho...:cross-eye

My louvers are in great shape! Its just these darn locks! I would hate to have to replace the whole louvers. But like Stephen said... 5 bucks at a yard sale! Thats not bad at all!

• 2 weeks later...

thank you. you always seem to be one of the first to help, and it is greatly appreciated. That gives me a better idea how the mechanism works, and I should be able to open mine and finally clean the rear window.

• 2 years later...
Ok... I have one out of two locks on my rear louvers. The one that I have is pretty beat up by someone just using a screw driver to open it. Do any of you have any of these locks that you want to sell???

I also am looking for those locks and keys. Anyone out there that can help me?

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...