'73 fusebox problems, need help - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'73 fusebox problems, need help

Featured Replies

Blue/White goes to the Cigar Lighter. "Common" on the fuse box lid.

E

  • 10 months later...
Here's the image from msa. The white with red stripe wire attaches to the threaded lug show. There should be a cutout on the wire side(top) of the fuse block case.

msafuseblock.jpg

I apologize for restarting an old thread, but I just purchased one of MSA's supposedly "plug and play" fuse boxes for my 72 240Z. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to doing my own work on cars and this electrical stuff is pretty intimidating at the moment, so I'm hoping for some help.

I went to install it today and realized that one of the previous owners did some "nice" rewiring to put in an aftermarket stereo. After sorting through that mess, I did locate the white with red stripe wire.

If I understand Darrel's instructions, I need to run this wire through the hole in the top of the fuse box and secure it to the metal area as shown in the photo.

My question is how should I secure the wire to the metal area. Do I need to get a loop connector and attach it to the end of the white with red stripe wire? This seems like it would be the most secure method.

Yes, the original wiring had an eyelet which the screw went through on the end of the wire.

Great, thanks Darrel!

Any chance you know what size (guage) eyelet I should use?

my wiring was stock so everything went together.

Not sure what guage the wire is 10 maybe 12?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm not so lucky. It looks like the PO capped the wire and ran another wire out through some black plastic connector (?) and then spliced it into one of the green wires in the harness on the right. I can't figure out why he would have done that. Of course, looking at the mess of wiring, I don't get the feeling he knew what he was doing.

Where would the white with red stripe wire have attached to on a stock fuse box? I don't see a place for it.

On a positive note, I did find the antenna switch tucked up behind all the wiring though. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working.

On a stock fuse box, the wire would attach to a lug on the back of the block directly behind the right side--- ammeter/amp

And it is most likely a 10 gauge wire.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.