IGNORED

ZG nose bonnet hinge...need help. Thanks

tony5050

hi guys,

bought the ZG nose conversion kit from Japan and found out later that i actually need the special hinge for the stock bonnet to open and clear the extra peice of bumper. Anyone who has experience in this anywhere that you know that i can buy the hinge from?

Thanks in advance for any sort of help!!!>..cheers!:classic:

First pic. from above site.

$275 a set.

I may be wrong but I'm reasonably sure you can convert the stock hood hinge to perform just like these.

I did this conversion years ago but they are not yet fitted to the car so I can't verify that they work as intended.

However, if you would like to see some pics. of what I came up with, I'll get some tomorrow.

My motives were clear, $275 a set:tapemouth:tapemouth:tapemouth

The second pic. shows the pair, side by side.

I edited that pic. printed it at 1:1 scale, then rearranged the stock hinge to pivot in the same places:classic:

Third pic. is the two types compared.

Get rid of the intermediate linkage and VIOLA!

post-13952-14150803239423_thumb.jpg

post-13952-14150803239649_thumb.jpg

post-13952-14150803240043_thumb.jpg

I used a set of G-nose hinges originals from Japan, the Bad Dog part is an exact reproduction. I am using a few Bad Dog parts in my build and like the quality and service. I was told that the owner is out of town until the first of June, not sure if this would affect ordering the part. If you got the $275 I highly recommend Bad Dog.

hi guys,

Thanks for the bag dog parts website lead.

nissanman,

true enough. Thanks alot for the pictures that you've shown. Would be great to see more of the pics!..or perhaps i should try to do the same as yourself. Thanks a million!!

cheers

Our hinges are indeed copies of the original (and NLA) gnose special hood hinge. The standard hinge has the hood go out and then tilt up while the gnose goes down and then tilts.

Screw up the geometry and your gnose will suffer as a result.

The hinges we make are a close to the originals as possible (including the cad plating). The price reflects the quality of the part and the work that goes into making it.

Can you modify a hinge to work like a gnose hinge? Yes, without question. Do you want a real gnose hinge? That's up to you to answer.

And yes I am out of the country (Persian Gulf) and hope to return in early to mid-June.

hi guys,

i need a set of the hinge post to Malaysia. Contacted John from baddogparts.com though.

anyone here has got a faster solution as John will only be starting operation again after 1st of June as he is out of the country. Thanks!!!:dead:

• 6 years later...

First pic. from above site.$275 a set.I may be wrong but I'm reasonably sure you can convert the stock hood hinge to perform just like these.I did this conversion years ago but they are not yet fitted to the car so I can't verify that they work as intended.However, if you would like to see some pics. of what I came up with, I'll get some tomorrow.My motives were clear, $275 a set:tapemouth:tapemouth:tapemouthThe second pic. shows the pair, side by side.I edited that pic. printed it at 1:1 scale, then rearranged the stock hinge to pivot in the same places:classic:Third pic. is the two types compared.Get rid of the intermediate linkage and VIOLA!

Back from the dead. Anyone ever verify if this works? I would love to not run hood struts on my S30