IGNORED

Big job ahead

kpgc110racer

hey guys whats happnin im new to this forum and would like

to get to know people with the same intrest as me.

I just purchased a 240k coupe off ebay and im determined to turn it into

a GT-R relica would like to know where to get some parts from

Grill,Overfenders,taillights,badges,spoiler just to list a few

so if any one can help me out it would be great

also any panels and doors would be good

Thanks

Hi Mate,

congrats on the purchase.. hopefully it hasn't got too much rust in it (they usually do though unfortunately!)..

what are the plans for the car?

do a search on here for the overfenders, grill etc.. there is a place in melbourne that makes them.. they do take a while though, but they are the only ones here in australia.

Unfortunately for the badges, lights etc.. you gotta be lucky (and pay through the nose sometimes) and go through somebody in japan and yahoo auctions.

Kent

thanks for that what sort of qulity are the frp parts

i would like to get it as close to a actual GT-R bar the s20 of course

thinking rb30 bottom borred and strocked to 3.2 maybe 3.4 still want a bit of

revs. Than wack a rb26 top on no turbos would like to be the first Japanese car to take the horse power heros with na6 at the summernats.

As far as body goes im thinkin usual suspention mod like coil over adjutable

links and arms spot weld the body and put in a half cage with acsess to the rear seats still.

Once i sell my s14 than im goin on a holiday to the land of the gt-r hopefully

come back with some goodies.

quality of the Fibregalss is pretty good, certainly as good if not better than the ones out of japan (i oroginally brought them in from japan, and challange fixed them up, straightened them and made the moulds).. unfortunately you will have a very hard and expensive time trying to get better from japan. Even yahoo auctions has been pretty light on good bits lately.. i am still trying to track down a few bits and pieces.. some bits i think, may end up being getting made up here.

I originally went down the path of an RB30DET.. i had all the bits.. but in the end, i want to road register my car, so decided against it.. if you want an NA one, then you are best putting an RB30E in the car, get it engineered, then maybe look at replacing the head.. not legal.. but i am pretty sure that is how all the VL guys get away with it.. though.. you still have legal and insurance problems that way. or.. do the full mod and get it engineered with full EPA etc it would be the only way to do it properly.. but good luck :)

you may be better going old school.. stay with an L series, get an L28, bore it out and get tripple webers.. you can get pleny of HP out of the old L blocks.. probably much better bang for your buck too..

don't suppose you are any good at welding?

kpgc110racer, welcome to the site. Good luck to you and your project.

However, we've received a few complaints about your language. Please understand this is an International forum and that bad language has no place here. I have edited your post in this instance but in the future please think about the words you use before posting.

Please PM me if you have issue with this.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
thanks for that what sort of qulity are the frp parts

i would like to get it as close to a actual GT-R bar the s20 of course

thinking rb30 bottom borred and strocked to 3.2 maybe 3.4 still want a bit of

revs. Than wack a rb26 top on no turbos would like to be the first Japanese car to take the horse power heros with na6 at the summernats.

Do you really think you'll be able to take down the Chrysler 265 hemi???

they've won most years so far and unless someone takes in a worked M3 I can't see them losing anytime soon.

Anyway Alfadog where the bloody hell have you been??? haven't seen a post from you for ages. Just cause you sold your K to the middle east doesn't mean you can't post here. You haven't even made one comment on my "monstrosity" as you so described it once upon a time.

I think I speak for most regulars on here that we'd like to hear more from you.

he he he

I'm watching your progress mate - it's all coming together nicely isnt it. Great to see you putting your money where your mouth is :D all too often people are all talk and no action.

It's still a bloody monstrosity though. In a good way ;)

Before I went to comment on your post describing my car as a monstrosity I actually took the time to check the online dictionary to see it's definition, it stated this, 1. the state or character of being monstrous.

2. a monster or something monstrous.

In reading that I really couldn't argue with you as it was fairly accurate ROFL

My girlfriend calls it the Frankencoupe. Just need to save up more $$ to keep paying the cheques my mouth is cashing

• 4 weeks later...