IGNORED

Progress on my 240z

Zak's Z

Heres some pics of the work being done on my '72. It's been in the shop all winter and they havn't had much time (with all the fender benders) to work on it until recently.

They've welded on the new rear valence, fixed up the patches where I've brazed , straightened out the fenders and mounted the front clip, fixed up the rear deck lid, and they've started to smooth out the body.

And yes...its being used for storage when they have another job that takes up that area!

Heres a few pics, any comments are welcome.

post-7211-14150802545794_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802546212_thumb.jpg

post-7211-1415080254668_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802547103_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802547524_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802547943_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802548376_thumb.jpg

post-7211-14150802548776_thumb.jpg

Heres some pics of the work being done on my '72. It's been in the shop all winter and they havn't had much time (with all the fender benders) to work on it until recently.

They've welded on the new rear valence' date=' fixed up the patches where I've brazed , straightened out the fenders and mounted the front clip, fixed up the rear deck lid, and they've started to smooth out the body.

And yes...its being used for storage when they have another job that takes up that area!

Heres a few pics, any comments are welcome.[/quote']

Wow. Looks like my photos when my Z was in the body shop in 2006. She spent nearly five months there. I'll see if I can scan some images and share them someday soon.

Glad to see progress being made Zak, even if it is at a slower pace than you expected. I bet you haven't come close to running out of other jobs that need to be done before reassembly yet. It seems there is always something left to do, even when your done...can that be right?..yep:stupid:ROFL

Ron, Im just glad to see some progress! They are working with me and calling me in to make sure things look right, and actually discussing the progress and process.

I still need a paint code for 110 red. I have the ppg 27000 code, but thats for single stage. If anyone has some info that would be great.

Zak,

Many of the repairs that have been made to my car are similar to yours. I guess I made a mistake by telling them to "take your time". The car was painted 3 months ago, and every time they get a fender bender in, the Z sits a bit. They are close, less than two weeks.

Bill

Bill: Thats good news. I'd love to see some pics when you get her back.

Jared: I had a conversation yesterday with a friend, I was telling him about your blue and Kat's blue and how I really liked it. He said if you like it paint it blue!. I put alot of thought into it, and since I'm putting all this work into it to make it completely stock, it would bug me if I didnt choose an original color. Mine was orange originally, but I saw a 110 red at a shop here and thought I liked it best out of all the original colors.

I cant believe what a tough choice it was to settle on a color. Next time I'm up in Northern Ontario I might go thru the US to get there...maybe you can give me a ride in your blue Z.

Im going to have to live with the bondo. There will be a lot less bondo than was originally on there, and I know there is NO rust under it because I did it by hand myself.

You're supposed to break 0C this weekend. Maybe it'll last a few days for you!

Bill: Thats good news. I'd love to see some pics when you get her back.

Jared: I had a conversation yesterday with a friend' date=' I was telling him about your blue and Kat's blue and how I really liked it. He said if you like it paint it blue!. I put alot of thought into it, and since I'm putting all this work into it to make it completely stock, it would bug me if I didnt choose an original color. Mine was orange originally, but I saw a 110 red at a shop here and thought I liked it best out of all the original colors.

I cant believe what a tough choice it was to settle on a color. Next time I'm up in Northern Ontario I might go thru the US to get there...maybe you can give me a ride in your blue Z.[/quote']

I don't think there is such a thing as an easy choice when rebuilding any car :D Whatever makes you happy is whats important. I'm big on keeping mine as stock as possible too however I love the few little things like that Royal blue paint, 3.9 rear end, K&N cone shape air filter, poly bushings, lowered slightly with KONI adjustable suspension & springs ect. It doesn't hurt to do little upgrades here and there that both benefit the car and your tast and still be able to keep it pretty much stock like mine. The important thing is that you build your Z the way you want and the way you want it to look and if the 110 red is what you truely want, then thats what counts :)

I wouldn't mind taking you for a ride in my Z at all :D Hell I want to go out in it too after this shitty long winter we are having :sleep: LOL