Distributor cap--MSA vs Courtesy - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Distributor cap--MSA vs Courtesy

Featured Replies

I'm about to buy tune-up parts for my '77 and noticed quite a cost difference between MSA and Courtesy Nissan for the distributor cap: MSA charges $6.95, Courtesy $28.84 (with our discount). Anyone have any experience with either?

Is the MSA part aftermarket?
That's a good question because Nissan's list price is $33.72 so I doubt it. The price of the OEM cap (22162-N3602 which supercedes to 22162-C6002) is $25.69 at NissanParts.cc
  • 3 weeks later...
That's a good question because Nissan's list price is $33.72 so I doubt it. The price of the OEM cap (22162-N3602 which supercedes to 22162-C6002) is $25.69 at NissanParts.cc

I just found out that the MSA part IS aftermarket. Some of the thier other parts such as thermostats, hoses, etc are not OEM. For these parts though, I don't think it'll matter.

I like the OEM thermostat. It's design is different from aftermarket.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I like the OEM thermostat. It's design is different from aftermarket.
Agreed. The factory thermostat is a much nicer part than any aftermarket one. I won't use anything other than factory for that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.