IGNORED

you're getting old if u remember....

zhead240

1.) Saying "See you later alligator" to a classmate in Grade School from a Hit song of the same name by Bill Halley and the Comets.

2.) Watching Elvis sing on the Ed Sullivan Show from the waist up because showing his leg movements was too sexual.

3.) About Party Telephone lines, our house number was three rings. We had three other houses on our line each with a different number of rings. You could listen in on other people's conversations....

4.) Studebaker Silver/Golden Hawk cars.

5.) Going on Saturday night to the neighbor's house who had the first color TV.... The NBC Colored Peacock.

6.) Wearing a DA hair style in 7th Grade.

7.) James Dean..... Marlon Brando....Sputnik..... White Buck shoes...Annette Funicello....Sky King....Sea Hunt.....Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine movie....Rin Tin Tin...Natalie Wood...... AAAAH the memories !!!!!:smoke:

LARRY

I believe Converse All Stars (1917), AKA Chuck Taylors, predate P.F. Flyers (1937) by 20 years. They are high tops and have flat soles. I know, I owned several pairs as a kid, as well as the P.F. Flyers.

The running shoes that were the must haves when I was a kid were Red Ball, Keds & P.F. Flyers. But Ma always tried to sell us on the cheap no name brands at the department store. I remember running shoes as being one of the first import products to reach us in a big way, undercutting the price of our mainstream products. I'm sure there were lots of others but not that us kids were aware of. There was an advertising blitz on for years with a healthy rivalry. Watching some of the old commercials is hillarious today. Yeah, they had to be high tops...wouldn't be caught dead with anything else.:eek: