IGNORED

"A" New Guy

Well, I'm new to the Z cars by 6 months now. I was on over at HybridZ, and received some help with my projects until I met Zs-ondabrain, who has been helping me a lot, and mentioned this forum to me. So I signed up a week ago, just haven't had time to sit down and introduce myself yet.

I bought a 2/1972 240z with a L28E engine for $600. Can't complain, and slowly and surely restoring it. I love it, and its my first Z car to boot. I have a dream for this car, and it will become reality slowly. I'm going to convert it from the dual SU's to a turbo after I put in a new interior and get the body work done. The body has the usual cancer for a car this old, and it even came with big hole under the battery tray (yay!) :eek: . Anyone have an inner RH fender? :P

So far I have replaced the alternator and voltage regulator, rebuilt that carbs and put in a MSD 8207 ignition coil and converted the dizzy back to a point system, (cheaper than buying a new pratronix electronic system). And with the help of Zs-ondabrain, a lot more is going to be done. So far he and I have put in new headlights and re-did the wiper motor, in which I screwed up on on my first attempt. But at least I attempted and learned instead of being afraid of doing something new. I love a challenge, and I get bored when I'm not challenged...

Well, back to work I go. Nice meeting you all.

Justin

I have a couple of hours in it.
Hmmm. Jim, your definition of "a couple" must be significantly different than mine.

I also welcome you, Justin. Here's hoping you get your car to the point you want it without too much pain.

Thanks everyone.

Jim, hate to sound like a noob, but, what is Canby? I'm aware of the Z car show in orange county down in Cali, but that's the only one. And also, when is it? I doubt I'll have it ready by then, but, I'll still take it with pics of what's been done to it that would be obvious. And I will be posting pics here soon of what I have to do to it yet, as soon as I am able to resize them to a smaller size.

There is a car show in Canby OR the first part of June you will see all the different early Datsuns. It is a great time and you will meet some of the Northwest guys who post here and are really into these cars. I have came away inspired every time. There are some really sweet rides down there.

Canby is a all Datsun show , put on by Datsun Northwest in June . It is in Canby Oregon , just south of Portland. It's been a 3 day affair in the past . Haven't heard any details yet for this year but we should soon after New Years . People come from all over to attend and enter there cars. Canada to Calif. Sunday is the show and is the last day. Congrats on the ''new'' Z I hope your dream car doesn't turn into a nightmare. Just remember we are here to help. Gary

Jim and Gary, thanks for the info and making me feel welcome. I will be asking for help when needed, and will keep everyone updated of my progress as I go. I will admit that it will be a couple of years before I am going to be where I want it to be, but it will be so worth it when it is done. I've uploaded photos of the work that needs to be done to my Z so far.

• 2 weeks later...