IGNORED

Mystery Nissan Air Cleaner

kurtwwalters

Yep, 12/74-7/78 280Z air cleaner. The plastic part with the mounting tab intact and the rubber seal that goes on the end of the air cleaner are somewhat hard to find but not overly so. And the clamp that holds the two pieces together. Probably not worth much more than the one on eBay unless it's complete. I've got a couple of those too but I'm also using a cold air intake/K&N filter on mine:

post-3797-14150801763786_thumb.jpg

post-3797-1415080176405_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150801764348_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

I've recently converted my 260 to an L28 EFI.

I installed one of these filter boxes which I purchased from someone on this site (thanks).

I had to swap as Australian regs won't allow me to keep the pod filter as I had fitted legally unless I enclosed in a box.

Took the car for it's first real good run this weekend and it feels strangled.

Is this a common observation between these air intakes or am I imagining it?

I know pod filters are designed as "performance" modifications, just didn't think I would notice much difference.

On the plus side, think my fuel economy really improved over. Did about 700km over 2 days was getting about 11-12 litres per 100klm.