Weber Carbs - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Weber Carbs

Featured Replies

This forum sounds cool. I'm not a member yet because I don't seem to have time to log on, but I have a topic I need some global information on. I'm looking at putting on the twin webers for my '73 240. The kit they have is the K 688. It has a very long manifold that I've been told is hard to dial in, especially at altitude (6000 ft.) Apparently they no longer make the non SMOG approved shorter mainfolds. So what's the deal and what are the options?

  • 2 weeks later...

Actually I did register, I just didn't have time at that moment. But thanks for the wonderful response. I feel really welcome at this site, which has so many people responding and communicating.

Bryan gets grumpy sometimes...;-)

Your '73 should be smog exempt in California. If not, move over to Stateline, behind the Casinos.

Although I have no experience with the Weber downdrafts, I have heard they are not the best choice. I suggest you get a set of 1970 through early 1972 round top SUs. They really do perform the best on the L6. Check with Scott Bruning at Z Therapy (http://www.ztherapy.com) for tune-up videos and as a source for the best rebuilt SUs you can find. Good luck.

------------------

----------

John Coffey

johncof@veriomail.com

Originally posted by Dave H:

Actually I did register, I just didn't have time at that moment. But thanks for the wonderful response. I feel really welcome at this site, which has so many people responding and communicating.

Sorry you took that wrong. I think HE was probably being sarcastic.

We love to take questions about the Z and welcome anything you might have to ask.

Moderator Mike

------------------

Mike Gholson

1971 240z, Mikuni Carbs, Tokico 5-way Adjustable Struts, Ferarri Yellow, Stock Engine, 15x9 wheels w/50 series Falken tires, Currently being restored.

  • 7 months later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.