What the hell is this??? - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What the hell is this???

Featured Replies

Thats the best looking convertable Z I have seen to date.

Here is the best looking convertable Z I have seen to date. It was at the Motorsports Auto Show in 2001. I'm not sure why, but it looks about four inches wider than the average 240-Z....

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150801404872_thumb.jpg

Here is the best looking convertable Z I have seen to date. It was at the Motorsports Auto Show in 2001. I'm not sure why, but it looks about four inches wider than the average 240-Z....

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl,

I think the secret is the chopped windshield. Note the top of the windshield frame is missing. I like this solution.

In my opinion, making the windshield look right is the second biggest challenge in making the transformation. (after making the rear quarters look right)

Al

  • 4 weeks later...

Beautiful! I've never seen a 240Z convertible before; what artistry at work.

I recall seeing a picture somewhere of a 240z with a MX5 (Miata) screen on it - it was nicely done, had round tail lights, headlight were changed too. Re the hearse thing again I did have seen a pic (in black and white) on the web of a 240z with that type of setup too - not the best looking thing on the earth but if that is what you like - Now I just have to find a pic again of both cars....

attachment.php?attachmentid=19819&d=1190769848

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.