240Z Rotors vs 280Z Rotors - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240Z Rotors vs 280Z Rotors

Featured Replies

Is there an easy way to tell the difference between a 240Z front brake rotor and a 280Z rotor? I'm wondering if my '72 has been swapped to the 280Z rotor, but I'm not sure how to check.

Thanks...Robert

They won't interchange with out the 280Z hub as well. Use the 280Z rotor only and the caliper won't line up properly. Or so I've been told, never seen the 280Z parts in person.

  • Author
They won't interchange with out the 280Z hub as well.
Is there a way to identify a 280Z hub from a 240Z hub? I'm wondering if everything has been swapped...Robert
  • Author
The 240 hub is flower shaped, while the 280 hub is round.

So, if my '72 has a round hub, then I MUST have 280z Rotors? Check out this link I have of my '71 (flower shaped hubs), '72 (round hubs) and '74 (round hubs). http://www.red-eye-motorsports.com/rotors.htm

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That's what I see. It looks like only your '71 still has 240 hubs and rotors. The other two have the later design.

  • Author

Thanks Jeff & Arne...Robert

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.