IGNORED

Paint is on

240znz

Hi all, I actually saw this car when I visited NZ 2 years ago. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! James has done a real service to all Z's everywhere by restoring what was a rusted-out almost-wreck. Good onya James...send more pics.

Cheers, Mike

ps: if any of you ever get the chance to visit NZ (one of the most beautiful and friendly places on this earth), be sure to stop off in Christchurch (South Island) and visit with James and his family...lovely folks and GREAT tour guides.

pps: wow, 100 posts!

Tom is not wrong. It's taken 4 years to get to here and the fever is still strong. So strong in fact that the fever has caused me to purchase a "self emptying wallet". Oh well, they're still printing the stuff aren't they?

Will - Hurry up!

Mike, you are too kind. All the rust you saw was in places that were OK to have rust in (bit of a oxymoron that statement). The hard to replace bits were fine. It's just all the "while I'm at it" items that kill it.

Plenty more pics to come. I'll update the gallery one day.

Yeah, James and Jim (a7dz) are doing fantastic work, both single-handedly. They should stand as inspirations to us all. No way I could do the job these guys are doing.

I think Jim's car is getting close to done. Should be on the road before the year is out. Although I suspect he's shooting for Thanksgiving...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahh, but the day they are put back on the road and driven makes it all worth it. I remember questioning my sanity from time to time during my 240 rebuild and as most have experienced the way one's wallet continues to loose gerth. Yeh, it was certainly an exercise in patients and fortituned.....but all the pain is now gone and the pleasure abounds each time I take drive in the 240.:love:

Tom

This car has so far had many people help me out, many of them here. The panel shop I am using is doing great work, my good friend has rebuilt the engine and got the head work completed. I'm delaing with the electrical bits as that's my trade.

I'm just the mug who bought it, pulled it down into little bags with hieroglyphics as labels so it seems now, then emptied my wallet buying new essential bits and I haven't finished yet.

Today saw me with 10 sheets of 500x500 tar paper sound deadener and a sharp knife plus heatgun. The result is 3/4 finished interior, stuffed wrist and burnt left palm (picked up the wrond end of the heatgun). I ran out of sheets. More tomorrow then I'll post some more pics.

post-1608-14150801272517_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Good GOD, it's been two years since I got it back and I still haven't finished it. Bloody hell.

What's done:

Tank in, lines in, engine completed, gearbox rebuilt, old 3.9 in OK nick, suspension completed, firewall internals 20% completed, seats and mounts completed, resprayed the inner wheel wells in more matt black stone chip paint to tone the guards red down a bit (should make the rims stand out more.

Getting closer but the progress is slow, snails are faster.

• 2 months later...