IGNORED

lookin for 240z Socal

snowflake

Wow, sometimes I wish I would have waited for a car that looks that nice to start with, that is if it is as advertised. Sounds like just needs some detailing and maybe a new 5 speed. Looks like a great base to begin with. I know I have passed the $3500 point and still have welding, paint and reassembly to look forward to. LOL G

Wow, sometimes I wish I would have waited for a car that looks that nice to start with, that is if it is as advertised. Sounds like just needs some detailing and maybe a new 5 speed. Looks like a great base to begin with. I know I have passed the $3500 point and still have welding, paint and reassembly to look forward to. LOL G

ya, that's what i was thinking!

here's a 280 that looks nice, too:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/422351699.html

I know the owner of this car. Looks like he did a great job on it. I would highly recommend the car based on what I know about the seller. The owner recently did a job for a friend of mine, good quality job. The only down side to a 78 is SMOG.

that 280 looks like a 240 to me haha

but yeah found one up in sun city thanks to a member who messaged me..went checkd it out...needs a lil small jobs light switch which zwhizz said they could do and a clutch job which might be my first one to do haha...an yea ..but engine was just taken apart polished, replaced parts, etc and runs good...so yeah think i might have found the car...an thank you to everyone hopefully these forums will continue to help me out

I just talked to the guy selling the 280 and I know its history. It has had a good life and would be a great purchase. It was a weekend driver then replaced by a 300 ZX it became a track day car. It has the big boat anchor bumpers taken off and replaced with 240 type. The current owner is a very good Z car mechanic. This car does not need a new light switch, and or clutch.

James, just look at it this way-now you can continue saving up while learning more about these cars, and you will be better prepared when "your" car appears on the scene. Timing is everything, and if you were to rush into a buy, you may find yourself on the losing end.

Keep looking.