IGNORED

lookin for 240z Socal

snowflake

hey im looking for a 240z willin to pay cash in hand for local

and to hav it shipped for other options

i've been lookin on craigslist and even ebay an all the classified adds on newspapers and im not looking to spend the money alot of the people are asking

just looking for a 240z that i can have for a car for my final year of high school thats a car my dad an i will be able to work on (he use to own a 280z)so thank you an yea message me or email me if u know someone who has one or if u urself have one

located in san diego

jamesrtaylor08@yahoo.com

hey im looking for a 240z willin to pay cash in hand for local

and to hav it shipped for other options

i've been lookin on craigslist and even ebay an all the classified adds on newspapers and im not looking to spend the money alot of the people are asking

just looking for a 240z that i can have for a car for my final year of high school thats a car my dad an i will be able to work on (he use to own a 280z)so thank you an yea message me or email me if u know someone who has one or if u urself have one

located in san diego

jamesrtaylor08@yahoo.com

What is the budget ? I am afraid that if you are looking to find a workable/savable 240Z for much under $1000.00 will be rare. Of course there will be exceptions to this. Usually those of us with Zcars , that find these exceptions pick them up . Since the 240s are becoming in as shorter supply daily, the prices have gone up . Where 5 years ago it was common here in Oregon , to find a drivable 240Z for $500.00 now the same cars are selling for over double that figure. I find that those that have these cars that want to sell them approach me and my fellow Z drivers with these cars for sale from time to time. I have two friends that now own several of these 240s. If your plan is to find a project car to bring back to a good driver. I recommend that you find the most rust free and complete car you can. Rust repair is vary expensive and can and will run into the thousands of dollars if it is done correctly. Completeness is important if you care if the Z remains rather stock , or looking stock. Bumpers, dashes, interior and such. These items at present are still available at after market sources but the costs can be substantial. You should be able to find a good candidate for around 3K. At least here in my neck of the woods. Gary

In this regard of availability. We just had this discussion at our last Club meeting . What the individuals that are in the Z business were saying baisically is this. With the value of metals what they are , and the high cost of real estate for wrecking yards. The older cars are being crushed at a increasing rate. Therefore the supply of used parts is drying up quickly. The discussion was not only for here in Oregon but California as well. It's only been about three years ago when All Z closed and crushed about 200+Z as well as a huge supply of engines and assorted parts. The value of the land overshadowed , for the owners, the value of what they destroyed. This was here in Portland, :( Gary

In this regard of availability. We just had this discussion at our last Club meeting . What the individuals that are in the Z business were saying baisically is this. With the value of metals what they are , and the high cost of real estate for wrecking yards. The older cars are being crushed at a increasing rate. Therefore the supply of used parts is drying up quickly. The discussion was not only for here in Oregon but California as well. It's only been about three years ago when All Z closed and crushed about 200+Z as well as a huge supply of engines and assorted parts. The value of the land overshadowed , for the owners, the value of what they destroyed. This was here in Portland, :( Gary

You know the land that All Z was on is now a newer vehicle recycler and pretty much a sh*t yard. It is not as though they turned the property it was on into a business park or something. The area is still a bunch of salvage yards including Pick ur part and Ecology. Don't get me wrong I understand what you said, when I go to Ecology now there might be 2 or 3 S30s and 15 or some S130s and that is about it. I remember going there in the old days (25 years ago) there would be 30 or so S30s.

You know the land that All Z was on is now a newer vehicle recycler and pretty much a sh*t yard. It is not as though they turned the property it was on into a business park or something. The area is still a bunch of salvage yards including Pick ur part and Ecology. Don't get me wrong I understand what you said, when I go to Ecology now there might be 2 or 3 S30s and 15 or some S130s and that is about it. I remember going there in the old days (25 years ago) there would be 30 or so S30s.

For snowflake I'll sell you my 73 Automatic with SUs for $9K, it is located in Imperial Beach. The car is not currently for sale but is open for offers. I got my eyes on another Z.

oo my apologies..my range for price tops out saddly at only 3500$

You will do good at that price....just keep looking at Craig's list, especially Orange County and LA. I have a $3500 71 that my friend purchased off of Craig's List LA back in February. It was in good condition when I got, a nice car but it was purchased to be redone w/3.1, G-nose, over fenders, stripped out interior, etc...should look sweet like the cars you might see in Nostalgic Hero or Options 2 magazine. Back to my point, $3500 should get you a good solid rust free So-Cal car. Are you a member of the Z Club of San Diego? It is another good place to get in touch with cars.

uh..well im not too confident in my ability...but major overhauls would be nice to avoid....elctrical work shouldnt be too bad cuz its an older car so not as many accessories ...an yea minor work would be best...but havent found any around here in san diego for a good price...or people that do flake out ...someone had a 240z wid l28et in it...he never contacted me bac :[ haha

uh..well im not too confident in my ability...but major overhauls would be nice to avoid....elctrical work shouldnt be too bad cuz its an older car so not as many accessories ...an yea minor work would be best...but havent found any around here in san diego for a good price...or people that do flake out ...someone had a 240z wid l28et in it...he never contacted me bac :[ haha

What you have to understand about the solid car I have, it was a perfectly fine car but my friend is crazy so it wants it torn down. I almost had him convinced to sell it and start with a less perfect car, like a rust free shell like the one that was on Ebay a month ago. If your budget is $3500 for the car itself, you will do great and not need to worry too much about the things you said above. The most important thing you can do is make sure that there is no rust on the floor boards, under the battery tray and the frame rails.