Recmmondation for new clutch - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Recmmondation for new clutch

Featured Replies

Got to get my clutch done, starting to slip noticably in third. There are many types available and most claim to be OEM spec. A broad range of prices as well - don't want to throw away money, but would like to know I got a good product.

I would appreciate a recommendation from experience on a brand - if there is a difference in the available products.

:paranoid:

are you looking for stock replacement or performance? i've got (a lovely bunch of coconuts....) a centerforce II that i am putting in as soon as i get what i need to install my R200 (along with the new tranny), but if you're looking for stock replacement i don't have any recommendations.

  • Author

I really don't need to upgrade, I am satisfied to get the standard performance. If anyone has a brick to throw at a particular brand - I'ld like to hear it. I'm currently thinking Least expensive OEM standard.

Actually, I've found that the best buy in factory-type may be from MSA or Black Dragon. Most kits include the disk, pressure plate and release bearing, and I was quoted prices for name-brand kits starting at around $250. MSA sells those three parts individually, for a total of around $150. Black Dragon sells a kit for $140, but I don't know who makes it.

I'm using an Exedy-Daikin OEM replacement clutch kit part# 06009 for my 77 280z. Works fine. Sells for about $135 dollar on AutoPartsWarehouse.com.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.