IGNORED

Painting my Z

KenshinX

Need help figuring out what color GREEn to paint my Z I just saw a thread with a fellow memeber here who just painted their Z 113 metallic green with green wheels and I really like that. My Z is a 260z and I'm not sure what color exactly she was originally I just know it was a green I believe it was emerald.

Anyway I'm preping her for spring next year because I'm going to be driving her during that period as a gift to myself for my senior year. LOL. [not in the rain of course] So, in the mean time I'm going to be doing some little things to her like a nice cheap paint job[FOR NOWI know Nice and cheap cannot be put together] and new brakes, suspension maybe a radio weather stripping and maybe a lil engine tuning.

BTW: does any members here in the VA area know of someone who can properly tune my carbs they are in bad shape. The PO did a not so good job just a couple recommendations and phone numbers or addresses will be fine thanks in advance.

SHOW ME SOME PICS OF SOME GREEN Zs!!!! LOL thanks again

Something that would be helpfull is, going to an automotive paint supply store and look through their books and manufactures to find a shade that you like. Once you find a shade in one of those books, you'll be able to get the name and the paint code of that shade so then you'll easily be able to have that color made.

Oh yea heres a pic of my Z I forgot. LOL

Can anyone tell me what color this is. I was told the paint code plate was somewhere near the engine or hood hinges, but I dont see a paint code plate anywhere on my car or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Nice Z BTW Moritz it reminds me of the dark green that some people call "British racing green"[Please dont flame me for saying BRG I know the story I just dont remember the correct paint code for the color.] around here

post-11010-14150800722156_thumb.jpg

I was told the paint code plate was somewhere near the engine or hood hinges, but I dont see a paint code plate anywhere on my car or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

You're on the right track. Open up the hood and look between the right fender and the hood hinge and the sticker will be right on top there. This is where it is on my car atleaste. If it is not there, it's possible it got painted over or might just be really really faded from age and hardly visable any more, kind of like mine.

my cars a 76 260z and is colour #240, and looks nothing like the green #240 pics on that zhome page i think it is

if i were to paint it green i'd either do this colour again, or a bmw one like whats on the new mini's. although this stock colour is a yellowy green, where as alot of the darker ones are bluey greens, so i think deciding which end of the scale you want to go for would is the hardest. good luck!

since you're just wanting to do a cheap paint job go grab yourself a tin of brightside yacht paint in the dark green and see how you go, you never know, u might b happy enough with it and save yourself a few hundred so you can spend the money elsewhere for now ;) then get her the paintjob she deserves in a few yrs when you can pay to get it done right!

BTW: does any members here in the VA area know of someone who can properly tune my carbs they are in bad shape. The PO did a not so good job just a couple recommendations and phone numbers or addresses will be fine thanks in advance.

Hey Man,

Call the man, Todd Wagner at Tidewater Z in Poqouson VA 757-868-6753. If he can't do it, it can't be done.

Tell him John @ Stans sent Ya.