IGNORED

Just a Saturday drive

240ZX

Just wanted to share my Saturday drive with you all, as it was soooooo enjoyable. Heading out of Ventura and around Lake Casitas, starts the drive with some nice twisty back roads. North of the lake wanders around until nearing Carpenteria (I'm now on hwy 192) and head toward and though Santa Barbara. This section of 192 goes though the gettos (just kidding) of Santa Barbara with many many curves but, since there are also many homes driving is very relaxed and slow. Leaving Santa Barabara I head up San Marcos Pass (hwy 154) and over the hill and head toward Slovang. So far the day has been super nice with not too much traffic. Ahhhh, the smells of tasty pastery while cruising through Solvang....kinda makes you want to stop and munch. Now I head toward the coast and Lompoc where there is the sweetest section of PCH......nothing but big sweeping curves with about zero traffic for about 15 miles before joining up with hwy 101. I decide to take 101 south and just cruise and enjoy the sights and sounds (especially the sounds of the old Z). I think to myself, life is grand!!! Anyway, nearing Santa Barbara again, traffic begins to slow and for a few miles it's slow going. At first chance I get off the fwy and head back to 192 and the twisties. With little to no traffic again I enjoy the ability of the old Z and how it eats up the corners. Coming back down around Lake Casitas, I eventually hit hwy 33 and back toward Ventura and then home to Santa Paula on fwy 126. All and all the little trip was soooooooo nice and of course the Z ran perfectly. This drive is approximately 160 miles and makes for a great weekend drive. Just wanted to share a day of fun driving with you all. By the way, it would have been much more fun with a group of Z's!

Tom

17 years ago I had to take the trip around Lake Casitas in the morning and the evening for a week when the train derailed in Capenteria. It's a tight road, but the Z handled it very well. I also traveled the 154 on my way to work in Santa Maria for about 5 months. It's a nice high(er) speed run where I could stretch it out a bit, and I liked the changes in terrain it offers from State St. through to the 154/101 interchange up passed Los Alivos.

A very nice drive indeed.

Rob

Wow, very nice. I will consider that route since I live reasonably close to it. Everything feels just right when you're in that driver's seat. I say some of us local to the area ( So Cal ) should organize a ride. I would be game once my 280's bumper ir repaired.

I love that area!! i was born in lompoc and just about every year my g/f and i make a cruise up the pac. I will be going again this year in august to the nor/cal acura legend meet. reading your post makes, envision what i will be experiencing again in august. heres a pic of my last pac cruise, someday i hope to take my z on this cruise.

markandcar.jpg

any pics of your cruise?

Cool, perhaps sometime this summer! Hopefully the insurance will set things into motion soon for my repair. I would hate to cruise with a nasty dent in my bumper.

I'm always open for getting together with other Z'ers for an outing! It's as simple as a PM (private message) to get things rolling.

Tom