IGNORED

changed crankshaft pulley now everything is backwards

Steven_Z

In terms of Clock Position - where do you think the #1 Spark Plug should be?

I'm not sure I understand what the "fat side pointing to the right" means.

Looking down the hole the distributor goes into - there is an offset with one side lower than the other. Which side is your "low side" on? (right is toward the firewall and Left is toward the radiator). Is the line through the off-set, that divides the high side from the low side - running from 1 O'clock to 7 O'clock - for example - or 11 O'clock to 5 O'clock for example or what?

Carl B.

Iam judging the #1 sparkplug to be located when i have the motor at tdc on the compression stroke with the distributor installed and puting the cap on and lining up the rotor in relation to where the #1 sparkplug wire is positioned when the cap is on. the line through the off-set is 11 O'clock to 5 O'clock. when looking down the hole at the off-set the side that is bigger is pointing at the firewall. i still dont know what it is that Iam doing wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you by any chance change the oil pump distributor drive shaft? When I changed the head and timing chain on my motor I confused the L26 and L28 shafts and couldn't get the motor to start. They look similar but have a slighly different sized drive gear which throws the timing out. If I still had hair I would have pulled it out trying to get the timing right and eventually swapped the shafts because I had nothing left to try and bingo it started.

Cheers Chris

the problem i kept having was when i installed the oil pump even though the shaft was pointing at 11:25 just like the picture on the stroker website. the rotor on the distributor was pointing at 6 instead of 1 and the motor would detonate. so i made 6 number 1 and moved all the spark plug wires back 1 position on the cap and guesed where the distributor would have to sit for it to start and it fired right up.. hasnt run in 6 months. but i still dont know what i did wrong. if anyone wants to give me a little insight that would be great. LOL thanks.