IGNORED

Headers or stock exhaust

widget777

I have holes in my down pipe (section between the exhaust manifold and and the catalytic converter) have been trying to find a down pipe for over a month with no luck. I prefer to just replace the down pipe but if they are not available I will consider an aftermarket header kit.

Question #1 - Does anyone know where I can get a down pipe...new is preferable but I will consider a used one.

Question #2 - If I go with an aftermarket header kit, do I have to remove the intake manifold and all the goodies that go with it or can I remove the exhaust manifold from underneath and not disturb the intake system??

as far as I know, the headers wont give you much hp without porting the exhaust path out from the engine's head..

but many say that it does improve..

but consider the size of the headers under the hood and the heat dissipation under the hood also..

I would stick with my stock long type mainfold.

Question #2 - If I go with an aftermarket header kit, do I have to remove the intake manifold and all the goodies that go with it or can I remove the exhaust manifold from underneath and not disturb the intake system??
Intake and exhaust use a singe integrated manifold gasket. So the intake must come off as well.

have you tried a Nissan Dealer ? headers will relieve back pressure and aide to the engine breathing more efficiently . However If you are retaining a sock engine , the benefits of a header will be minimal. Headers will add heat in the engine compartment and the sound of the exhaust will be louder.