Anybody have a picture... - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Anybody have a picture...

Featured Replies

Of how the weatherstripping lays in the doors? I'm looking to see where the gap is supposed to go. It has been too long since mine had the seals and I forget. Thanks!

I don't have a picture, but; the gap goes in the center at the bottom-the least likely place it would cause a leak!

Will

WHos weather strips did you get?

Precision or someone else...

Will

  • Author

Got it from Victoria British (Black Dragon). I did get the door closed though with a little muscle. I made it my biatch!

I bought the "Super Weatherstip Adhesive" too and it didn't work for $#!+. I had to go to Lowes and get another kind from Loctite and it seemed to work a lot better.

I HATE THAT F'ING WEATHERSTRIP!!! WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I have found that plenty of Black Dragon parts, especially weatherstripping, dont fit too well. MY Z mechanic dreads it when I bring him those parts...Other parts from there have worked perfectly.....

You can reference past threads and find that there is a better fitting WXstrip sold thru JC Whitney. The strips made by Precision are for 280Z door jambs which are a little different.

2c

Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.