IGNORED

Unintentional Insults

geezer

...And before anyone gets offended thats just good African Comedy, Thats how we talk......

I think this has gone far enough. There's that 'we' again. I don't talk like that and I've never been to Africa. I'm not offended, just wondering why the comment had to be made.

I agree Stephen, the entire thread has gone far enough. In retrospect, I don't think I should have even started it.

Mike said it best. ''If you have a problem with a thread, REPORT IT''.

I should have just replied to the PM and stated my case. Initially I was PO'd to recieve it and read through the entire thread, to find that I did indeed touch a nerve. Reason why doesn't matter, but I do come from the home of the $8.00 haircut ($2.00 a corner). Thing is, the other member is probably someone I could hang with all day and never run out of things to talk about and not offend once. Myself, Im not easily offended and will certainly try to better consider how someone will take what I say in the future. My apology was accepted immediately and I am gratefull for that.

I think this has gone far enough. There's that 'we' again. I don't talk like that and I've never been to Africa. I'm not offended, just wondering why the comment had to be made.

Well I'm not claiming to speak for airybody but it's jus pride in our own respective tribes :)

For instance,

A VERY GOOD ( wait, no make that GREEAT) white friend of mine from highschool was chillin in his Nissan Pathfinder smoking the Native Tabace after watching the first Spiderman at the movies.

Here came the Stonner momment, He said, "Hey bro, can I ask you a Question? We known each other for while and I know we're cool and I don't want to offended or you anything.

My initial thought was him refering to Racism, so I said, "Look man I consider you as family and thats much respect so yeah go ahead"

He continues,

"Well me and this other white friend of mine were sitting around talking and he's cool and all that and we was wondering what Black People really thought about White folk.

We sat around for awhile trying to think of who to ask but didn't know anyone who wouldn't get upset or somthing."

Off the top of my Head I in turn replied,

"Well you know, theres evil all over the world so it ain't like thats a big deal but a Pitbull Fight, thats our form of extream sport.

White folk be like, "Damn That, Wheres a CLIFF ! ! ! "."

Needless to say that was the biggest we cracked up for Days ROFL

You'll never see a Brother breaking an ankle on a skateboard but a White Guy will jump off of Everest in a minute.

Now THATS something to be proud of !

Those kind of guts are indicative to White folk like 40 once size brown paper bags are to post 1996 rap videos, which I hate.

Death to TRL on MTV :laugh: !

~Z~

By th way Geezer don't discouraged this was a great idea.

Some things of course can't be said for obivious reasons by any giving tribe/race of humans to another but outside of that If we all can't come together and make fun of our own stereotypes then we all may become to stiff with no humor, and it's a scientific that Loughter prolonges our life and also has healling abilites to the Heart, Body and Soul :)

Thats why me and my multi national Buds are still cool even 8 years after Highschool and still keep cranking out jokes :cheeky:

~Z~

The core problem is a simple one.

We all "know" one another, yet we couldn't pick each other out in a crowd of other people. There are thousands of cues one gives off with body language, manner of dress and SPOKEN words. The WRITTEN word is what the READER interprets.

The difficulty in written communication is that the emphasis and tonal qualities that a voice would impart, are stripped away completely. As a result, a simple written statement sometimes falls completely and erroneously into the PERCEPTION the reader has of the words being read and the use of punctuation.

Then again, some people are constantly putting their tail under the rocking chairs of everyone else ... waiting for it to be pinched....then they catterwaul over the "insult". This gets them the attention....good or bad....that they desire. Later, people forget that that is what they do constantly....vis a vis - Don Imus' detractors.

Language used in a spoken environment can be misconstrued....and written is just as susceptible.

I agree Stephen, the entire thread has gone far enough. In retrospect, I don't think I should have even started it.....

Starting this thread was fine. It's just the direction it has taken which is not your fault. One member who has gone on and incredible tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with your topic, has even taken the time to explain his comments which, IMO, was even less necessary than making the comments in the first place.

Starting this thread was fine. It's just the direction it has taken which is not your fault. One member who has gone on and incredible tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with your topic, has even taken the time to explain his comments which, IMO, was even less necessary than making the comments in the first place.

Apoligies to any I may have offended by chance

I thought it was line with the Imas comment reffered to earlier.

I Don't agree with what Imas said at all by no means but it's just me and the folks I know in this little part of the Planet I'm on always have politicle discussions all the time regarding things like that in world events in the news and such.

Thought it would be interesting to see how other members here view such comments and how those comments are percieved by our different personality types jus like how the Childish comment talked about earlier was percieved upsetting by one member but found funny to others.

When I visit my Family in the Ghetto part of Indainapolis Indiana, when my folks get a few beers in them at the Bar-B-Q while playing Dominoes (and yes with the 40 once in the Brown Papper Bag) what Imas got in trouble for saying on the radio is actually how we talk smack to each other in person.

It would be the Punch Line for someone throwing down a strong 25 point score on the table with authority.

So from that standpoint one could say it's a cultural thing. Not that it's right or wrong but thats how I've known people to act in relation to each other.

All folk have Trash talk in thier own cultures with roots in some kind of politicle history.

But it doesn't mean someone from a differnt Culture can come in and use that same "Punch Line".

1st the joke would not make sense.

2nd It might be offensive to someone of that culture.

After all, your jokes need the right audiounce or else you'll end up with Crickets Chirpping :)

Once agian my apoligizes to all I may have thrown off

with my remarks. I was only trying get others peoples views.

~Z~

Geezer, I read your post and you have nothing to apologize for. However, you are the better man for doing so. Whoever sent the PM was a crappy headed bore:nervous: Let's get back to what we do best: express our love for the Z cars and sharing the advice that keeps them on the road.

Right from the getgo I had second thoughts of bringing this up and wanted to close the thread. It has been interesting though reading the opinions of others. It was mentioned to me that we should be able to convey in writing the way we actually talk. I can agree with that, and I guess that is the way I talk. Then again, I always try to talk to others with the respect I would like to get in return. Some don't. And as Enrique pointed out, individual perception and the lack of visual cues can definitley cloud the written word.

I got a boatload of PM's over the last few days and won't be replying to anything to do with this thread. Many want to know who sent the PM. Some assume it was someone active in the Spare Tire thread. They will remain just that, assumptions. The last thing I want to do is alienate a member who I will still respect and has much to offer us as a valued member, even if they had a bad day. We all have them. Oh yeah, WingZrO - Even if you went on a tangent, I get it. That's all I want to say about this matter.