IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

22 hours ago, hr369 said:

Thanks Kats, wasn't sure that was a tow hook since it was very close to the lower valance panel.  It looks like a tight fit to get a cable in there.

This unleaded fuel sticker was put on a few years after the car was sold?  or perhaps after they changed the valve seats?

Can't wait to see your 432. That museum looks very interesting. 

sticker.jpeg

Nissan shatai started assembling Fairlady_240Z/240ZG from Oct 1971 ,all Fairlady-240Z/240ZG came with unleaded 

engine, valve seats were newly applied for unleaded gasoline. The factory service bulletin explains about it.

I am curious how people in the other country did for gas for their 240Z? When did people have to use unleaded for their

240Z? Did owner have to use leaded gas continuously for their 240Z? 

I want to know about it . 

Kats

Edited by kats

Kats, I believe 1973 was the first year USA Z's had unleaded so it looks like Japan got it before we did.  I see that Japan has

ethenol mixed in your gasoline.  Can you get pure gasoline?

Have you seen this racing book before?

432racing-book.jpg

Edited by hr369

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎年‎3‎月‎17‎日 at 0:26 PM, hr369 said:

Kats, I believe 1973 was the first year USA Z's had unleaded so it looks like Japan got it before we did.  I see that Japan has

ethenol mixed in your gasoline.  Can you get pure gasoline?

Have you seen this racing book before?

432racing-book.jpg

Hi hr369,

I am still learning about the ethenol in fuel in japan, I hope some one will describe properly for me.

I have the book too, it is a great to look at. I want a book for 1970 Z432 racing also, still looking for it.

Kats

Edited by kats

240Z tool box, I showed these pictures before, onece again I put them here.

I lost one tool, that is a ST08900000 a tool for removing a flasher. I have been searching it in my house almost 5 years, but no-luck.

I played my electric guiter and I wanted to try to imitate a Hawaiian guiter. I used the tool but it could not make a nice Hawaiian tone.

Then I lost the tool, the yellow one in the picture.

This time Chris (26th-Z) kindly offered sending it to me, I am so happy that I have the tool again. The new one came here is a silver ,

same part number on it, I could not be happier.

I found out some differences , not only the color but also the alphabet. You can see a M on the right end of the yellow one, on the other hand

there is a P on same location of the silver one. It is interesting !

Kats

P.S. You can see two types of flaser, the right one is for Fairlady-Z, a small box. The next one is for US 240Z with a big box.

tool2.JPG

tool3.JPG

tool4.JPG

tool5.JPG

tool7.JPG

tool9.JPG

flasher2.jpg

flasher1.jpg

flasher3.jpg

20 hours ago, kats said:

Hi hr369,

I am still learning about the ethenol in fuel in japan, I hope some one will describe properly for me.

I have the book too, it is a great to look at. I want a book for 1970 Z432 racing also, still looking for it.

Kats

Kats, ethenol is a water based fuel so in older cars it rusts and corrodes the fuel systems.  Your cars are stored for long periods which makes the problem worse.

At a minimum, you can put in a fuel additive to prevent some of the problems with ethenol.  But if those were my cars, id'e  put in pure gasoline.  They will

also run better with more power.

Hi hr369,

Thank you for enlightening me,

I checked it and I think ethenol is used only a very few brand in Japan.

I have never used it and I do not have to warried about losing ordinary hi-octan fuel in Japan. 

And 240ZG, this car was built for regular (low octan ) gasoline, now I use high octan gasoline for good driving performance. Service manual says if you use high octan gas, you need to have a proper destributer and change timing.

Kats

On 6/8/2007 at 5:59 PM, Carl Beck said:

Hi Jack:

I know that one 432Z in Japan, was offered for sale at $75K USD. The two serious collectors that were considering it - declined. Both expressed the risk of buying a car without going personally to inspect it, the hassle with the exchange rates and transferring large amounts of money outside the US now (Homeland Security), as well as the hassle of getting the car shipped safely from Japan to the Gulf Coast here in the USA.

Taking to them, I believe that if a solid #1 or #2 432Z with proper documentation was offered for sale here in the US, both would have been buyers in the $50K to $60K range Alan mentioned, and perhaps a bit more for the right car.

I do know that $125K will not buy the BRE #3 C-Production Z. The owner said he couldn't think of another car, for that money - that would be as much fun to own. He plans on racing it a few more years.

A Top Quality 240Z will sell for between $25K and $35K right now. Depends on the location of the car and how hard the seller trys to market it - or how hot the buyer is to buy.

If you shop and buy wisely, you can still find super nice 240-Z's in the $12K to $15K range. They won't be Concours winning examples, but they will be very very nice cars. Cars that would win local car shows when judged by knowledgeable judges - will sell for $18K to $20K.

FWIW,

Carl B.

75k for a 432?  Wow, what a bargain in hindsight 8 years later. I wonder if either one of them were the buyer of the one at auction in the US few months back.

Edited by hr369

Z432 & S20 engine is expensive now, it was 6,500,000 jpy for an engine itself built by well known builder last year.

Not good condition Z432 is 15,000,000 to 18,000,000 range. You can buy a restored Z432 21,500,000 , the one which has been on sale in Nagoya since last year. I think sellers are dreaming too much, price does not look right for that restoration level and quality .

Kats

S20 water pump , most Z432s now use GTR water pump , just because Z432's new one is impossible to get. NOS GTR's are still you can find in Yahoo auction. 

You can see the different angle of inlet tube. And a pipe is sticking from the body at the left corner in the picture , it splits and has two fingers this is for heater of Z432. GTR pipe is a single at the same location. 

Z432 has a inlet tube which is slightly bended upward while GTR's is straight.

Z432's S20 is mounted higher than GTR is and has bigger angle of attack as well. This makes the difference between the two.

I need to replace the water pump I noticed little leakage under the pump. 

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

14 hours ago, kats said:

Z432 & S20 engine is expensive now, it was 6,500,000 jpy for an engine itself built by well known builder last year.

Not good condition Z432 is 15,000,000 to 18,000,000 range. You can buy a restored Z432 21,500,000 , the one which has been on sale in Nagoya since last year. I think sellers are dreaming too much, price does not look right for that restoration level and quality .

Kats

The white one in Nagoya you're talking about?  From the pictures  I saw, the engine looked like it was original, unrestored. 

Edited by hr369

4 hours ago, hr369 said:

The white one in Nagoya you're talking about?  From the pictures  I saw, the engine looked like it was original, unrestored. 

I am talking about this, http://www.auto-adviser-stuff.com/stock-cars/Z432.html

The white is this , is not it?  http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU4072480302/index.html?TRCD=200002

The seller is saying this is not restored, but it is not true. This white car is restored.

Kats