IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Mike,

My web is now closed, but soon will be back on.Sorry.

You are so lucky that those super rare emblems came into your hands.And also the story is quite interesting!

In Japan,we found the "NISSAN" rectanguler emblem was used for other Nissan car, I forgot the name but they are track/van behicle.The part number might be different,

but you can not tell the difference viewing from the top.There will be the difference of triming of the basement for directly mounted to the different body panel surface.

And they are for sale at the old car shop in Japan.

kats

I was lucky that my Fairlady ZL had both quarter panel emblems in really good shape when I got it. The only two metal emblems I was missing were the hood and rear hatch 'Nissan' emblems. The car actually came with a NOS in the box plastic hood emblem that the prior owner bought in the 70's, but I really wanted a complete set of metal emblems. I was unbelievably lucky and able to find both missing metal emblems on ebay recently. Both were not described well, as the sellers didn't really know which cars they belonged to. The hood emblem is actually NOS and was picked up off the production line as a souvenir by a Nissan exec during a factory tour in the 1970's. The hatch emblem had "1970-73 Skyline" written on the back with a marker, but I don't think that is correct. As far as I can determine, the emblem seems to be unique to the Fairlady Z.

-Mike

Edited by kats

Hi Kats,

I spoke to my friend (original and current owner of 71 240z). He explained how the 240z waiting list went:

1. You signed up at the dealer and were added to the list.

2. As a car arrived, regardless of colour or transmission, the person at the top of the list was offered it. If that person refused, he was put at the bottom of the list.

My friend was on it for nearly a year up to April 1971 but never made it to the top. When he travelled to western Canada in April 71 for work as a student, he just landed and enroute to the hotel, he saw a Datsun dealer with two red Z's. He quickly checked into the hotel then had the taxi return him to see the Datsun dealer. The dealer said the two red Z's just arrived that morning and one was sold. My friend bought the other on the spot.

The date of mfgr was Jan 1971 but most of the date stamps on the parts were Nov-Dec 1970.

Blue and Fred,

Thank you so much,these stories are fun to read.

Everytime I here the story like this,it makes me smile.I was born in June 1969, I want to know how people admired and bought and owned Z at that time.

I will pass these stories to my Japanese Z owners.

Thank you,they are very good.

kats

This is how it was when I was discharged from the Air Force in Feb.72. Couldn't buy a Z from I believe it was "Nemet" Car Catalog, advertised in "Playboy". I went to Brunswick Datsun, Bedford Datsun, and a dealer in Mentor, Ohio. All wanted $1000 down and you were put on a list, each dealer got one Z for every 29 cars they sold. I went out to Stang Motors, in Elyria, Ohio and spoke to Tom Tracy, early Sat. morning. I explained the situation, showed him my DD214, and the correspondence from Nissan. All he wanted was a $100 down. A week later he calls, says he has 3, I got a white w/maroon interior, mine had vertical defroster lines in the hatch. No extras were tacked on.

I have been to Munich, I was lucky to go to the October fiesta:beer:

So many people already there, no vacancy for tables.

Out of the fiesta, my favorite food is this, currywurst. 2.6euro !

I love beer in German too!

kats

post-3193-14150820686085_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820686639_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082068717_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082069076_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Hi,

I did these in a week,

Replaced wheel nut Z432 original, -E4201

Replaced heter hose long to cloth braided

Replaced choke cable rubber grommet(used to I put throttle linkage grommet)

kats

post-3193-1415082068761_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820688048_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820688474_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820689017_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820689454_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082068989_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820690323_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fred,

That fact is proving many articles on magazines which I have seen described about Z wiped out traditional

British sports cars from the US at that time.

Kats

Hi Kats,

Forgot 1 important fact Stang Motors also sold MG's, Triumph's and AMC's. That's why I was told they got more Z's.

Hi,

I changed long heater hose to cloth braided but I realized my mistake,

Heater hose from manifold (intake to the heater core )

should go through under the hose to water pump (out from the heater core).

Also I organized battery cable to be looked it should be.

kats

post-3193-14150820839476_thumb.jpg

I think this car could be PS30-00009

used as a example for the service manual.

Please see this car does not have a bracket for the battery cable

,just there is a clip you can see on the cables.

This car also has unusual clamp for the brake and fuel line.

We know the existing lowest chassis number for Z432 is PS30-00011

,I am curious to see the car and want to check if the car has same unique

parts like PS30-00009.

kats

post-3193-14150820840175_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have found this is my Z432 :sick:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/g2002max/29394811.html

I think this car when it was in Miyagi around 2005-2006.

The registration plate is confirmed , and a bonnet catch basement was bented down slightly,

that was already seen in early 1970's car magazine which this car was featured for.

What a ugly car it was!!

kats

Edited by kats