IGNORED

What performance do you get after upgrades?

HxC240z

...snip...For a stroker, you need a crank from a Nissan Maxima diesel engine the rods used are from a L24 , preferably , from a '73 block . They have larger 9mm rod bolts. Not mandatory but I am told these are the ones to use. From there a L-28 or F-54 block. To make the power gain the block should be bored. Generally to increase the CCs to 3000. Then most use the P-90 head or P-79 or 47 as second choices. Debate will ensue over this one . Then which ever head used much porting and other head work must be done. ...snip...QUOTE]

Gary,

And don't forget a new letter scale. After all you have to balance all those stroker components. (inside joke). If you are not going to do the machine work, balancing is expensive. But you cannot expect to throw those bigger pistons over a longer stroke and get very far without a great deal of balancing.

If you are going to do all that, you'll need to increase the flow, so intake and exhaust will be needed with the head work. Many people are collecting parts for a stroker, like me, but may never find the funds to get it done.

if you want serious power and torque and throttle response then you have to do wot i have done,3.1 motor,head work,late 280zx box,and throttle bodies,serious bit of kit but drives like a normal injected motor,nearly forgot,Nismo LSD,did cost $^!# loadsa money

I always wondered what the set up was on the 1970 Works Rally cars and found this link to Z-point

http://www.z-pointt.nl/fall.htm

Those things were pretty fast and the engines sounded great.

go to here if you like to see what I mean though :classic:

click on The Works rally cars and scroll threw the options and watch all the movies starting with the 1972 RAC Rally, 1971 EAS (East African Safari) Rally then the 1972 Monte Carlo Rally.

Don't forget to click the arrow on bottom right of the movie screen to watch the fullview size :classic:

http://www.z-point.nl/

~Z~