IGNORED

Handbrake cable

62vette

The rubber boots at the ends of my handbrake cable are all dried out and have tears in them. Now I need to replace the cable with a new one, or a used one that is in a good state.

BlackDragon auto has a cable for 70-73 240Z cars, I don't think this wil fit my late 74 260Z?

MSA has availability problems with the 74.5-76 brakecable.

Any other resource to get a replacement cable?

Thanks

Already did: "Emergency Brake Cable - 1970 to 1973 240Z - No Longer Available"

But thanks for the tip.

Odd, I got one for my '71 just a few months ago. It was no big deal.

The parts CD shows 36543-N3400 for your car (see attached screenshot, bottom line). Courtesy doesn't list it, but NissanParts.cc does - http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=36543-N3400

post-8596-14150800119232_thumb.png

Thanks again for all the work you put in Arne, I really appreciate it.

One question though, I have a late '74(delivery date dec. 1974 :classic: ). Shouldn't I be looking for part 36543-N4502 listed for 260Z's from 09/74 to 07/76?

At least that is what I found on the parts CD.

Odd, I got one for my '71 just a few months ago. It was no big deal.

The parts CD shows 36543-N3400 for your car (see attached screenshot, bottom line). Courtesy doesn't list it, but NissanParts.cc does - http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=36543-N3400

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Why revive this old thread? I just went to Home Depot bought some cable used the same old cable '' tube/case'' after cleaning it and the springs for the ends and for less than $10.00 I have been using it for 7 years. Just allow for stretching because the cable will stretch some so don't make it too long. I used 1/8'' plastic coated cable. I suggest that you adjust the linkage back down so you can tighten it in the future . I didn't and had to do it later and cut the cable shorter. I forget the strength of the cable but it is way more than needed. Gary