IGNORED

Drive shaft u joints '83 280zx parts

Flying Z

I have a '83 280zx and my ujoint that is connected to the differential is worn and viberating. I was told that I can not replace just the u joint and that I would have to replace the entire shaft from the transmission to the differential. I'm looking for help and a place that I might be able to get that part at.

Thanks, Troy

Check your local yellow pages for a true drive-line shop. Many of them wil be able to re-machine your drive-shaft yokes to accept replacement u-joints. It may cost a bit more, but then you are starting with new u-joints, as opposed to finding a used drive-shaft with another pair of used non-replaceable u-joints.

hey fellow Z owners. Thank you for your replies. Keep them coming if you have more info.

Enigma, "I thought it was just the 75-78 propshaft u-joints that weren't replaceable. Are we sure this is true of the 80-83 units as well?"

I am not sure but I think it is true of the 83 units as well

Troy

How about have one custom made for you.... Way I see it...by the time you find a machine shop and take your drive shaft in and have them do the work plus install new U-Joints you could probably have one made up custom and be done with it...See the following url:

http://www.powertrainindustries.com/

They also have a couple of catalogs you can download in PDF format...

webdawg1