IGNORED

Floor plugs

dstrong

Short time reader, first time poster...

While replacing the carpet in my '73 z I found there are several holes in the floor pan that have rubber plugs that have pretty much rotted away. I think there are two on each pan sort of under your feet, one smaller one under each seat and then that one in the secret hiding place under the ash tray.

Anyone know where I can get replacements for these? I don't find them in VB or motorsports catalogs.

Thanks!

Have you tried calling MSA? They may have a supplier for them, sometimes they can get parts that are not listed in the catalog.

If not there, try Bonzai Motorworks or Too Intense Restorations or one of the other site listed in the web links under Z car businesses.

Courtesy Nissan in Richardson TX says the part number is 77700-89914 and they run $1.60 each. They do not have them in stock but think they can order them.

Too Intense provided the following info:

"We have them listed in the Nissan metric size, I'll list them below for you.

25 mm = 4.25ea

35 mm = 5.45ea

40 mm = 5.65ea

55 mm = 13.95ea"

Looking at a ruler, the ones I think I'm talking about are the...hmmmm...the opening in the floor pan is 1 3/4 " which looks like 45mm on the ruler, so maybe it's the 55mm plugs that would be right.

I'll probably try through Courtesy first since I can pick them up when I'm in Dallas.