IGNORED

Who is running Koni?

deadflo

I see that Shox.com has koni shocks available for 240 Z. But I found threads on our site that seem to indicate they may need tweaking to fit>.Who knows more? are these gas struts? Im thinking of using them with the ST springs. I would like to avoid the height issues discussed here regarding gas struts. I know the konis are pricey though. Maybe I could do better with the illuminas, despite the height issue.

If you are using ST springs, you will not have the ride height issue with gas charged shocks. The height issue only comes into play if you couple gas charged shocks with OE springs.

I am running Tokico HP blues and Tokico springs and my car dropped an inch.

No, I don't think I saw anyone who had both Tokico strut inserts AND Tokico springs who had the ride height issue. The problem is only with the stock or factory Euro springs - neither of which were designed with gas-charged struts in mind.

I think this thread is the one that has you concerned, but if you read through it all (rather long), no one who had the Tokico springs (or other modern lowering spring) has the problem.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21115

Arne,

Thanks for making me read that again .I was in on the thread early on , but didn't see that later there was evidence that the problem was in the stock and euro springs only.

So you think the ST springs, being a linear type would have the free length changed?

Arne states that, "no one who had the Tokico springs (or other modern lowering spring) has the problem." ST springs are modern lowering springs.

ST springs + modern gas charged shock = lowered car.

Do a search on this forum for ST springs.

well to answer ur initial question, i've got koni red's, they work well for me :D they aren't to harsh to use everyday, although i'd now like some seats with padding to hold me in round corners better!

but in saying that i bought a pair of them and had them serviced off a guy who sold them for illuminas. he wasn't happy with them but it may of been due to the setup he had.the other pair i bought off a guy who went to running coilovers using one pair of the koni's but in the other end of the car, as he wasn't happy with the koni's and said it was to prone to oversteer, but once again could of been the setup? my car was oversteering way to easily on long bends in the wet, and that problems now gone.

i had mine setup by a guy who rally's a 240z with the same settings mine are on and he's quite competitve so? as while they aren't externally adjustable you can still adjust them to suit

i was thinking about illuminas but had no idea what springs to run with them due to that thread confusing the hell out of me LOL, and i'm in australia so they dont end up being the cheapest after shipping. koni's can be serviced, but for the price of the koni's+servicing you can buy 2 sets of illuminas so your choice

i have a 260z and they required modifying to suit as they are made for 240z's, but getting them modified is only around US$50 anyway, and its the rears that need this from memory

....or he may have been reading the thread where Davidbu installed his springs incorrectly and had a reverse rake (front was high and the rear was low).

oh ktm..

I see that I'm so famous allready with my switched springs:paranoid:

and by the way. it is BuDavid;) cannot be Davidbu:)

yes, I switched them acting that I was wise to put the spring with more coils at front and less at the back.. I found out that more coils sit behind meROFL

I'm running on ST's and KYB's GR-2's and I'm satisfied with them.. but I think that the springs that MSA had before a while might be better.. not sure if they still have them.. they had Eibach's (FOR 280Z)! they put them for sale just after I installed my ST's:cry:

so people.. NEVER SWITCH YOUR SPRINGS BETWEEN FRONT AND BACKROFL