IGNORED

What do you think?

WingZr0

Wingo , you asked for our thoughts. Personally I would pass right off because of the fact it is a right hand drive . That is if I would want the car to drive on the street here in the USA. I wouldent buy any car off EBay anyway unless I saw it inperson first , or had someone that I knew personally that looked at it for me . Just too many variables , especially with a Z . The different color hood dosent mean crap to me . The car needs paint anyway. Gary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^_^

I like your honesty brother.

The black is from the 432 style becAuse it was made out of a light weight fiberglass, essentially trying get it to look this from a meseum in Japan

post-13541-14150799539636_thumb.jpg

LHD RHD Its all the same to me, Grandmas and ladies with strollers are worth 5 THOUSAND POINTS :) :paranoid:

~Z~

post-13541-14150799539027_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150799539236_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150799539437_thumb.jpg

The black is from the 432 style becAuse it was made out of a light weight fiberglass, essentially trying get it to look this from a meseum in Japan

The 432 had a steel bonnet ( hood ). I think you are getting it confused with the 432-R, which had an FRP bonnet.

The car you pictured above is a genuine 432-R, and the pictures were taken at a temporary display on the ground floor of Nissan's main showroom in Ginza, Tokyo ( not a museum, unfortunately ).

The car on eBay has a slightly confusing description. As it has an 'S30' VIN prefix it obviously started life as either a 'Fairlady Z' ( S30-S model ) or 'Fairlady Z-L' ( S30 model ), and I'd say it was more likely the latter given the evidence of what remains from the original spec. Therefore any mention of '240Z' is inaccurate, as it is clearly neither an Export model 'Datsun 240Z' or one of the domestic market 'Fairlady 240Z' models ( 'HS30-S' / 'HS30' / 'HS30-H' etc ).

I'd like to hear the full VIN / body serial number combo to date it properly.

Yes, I am looking for a foot rest. I actually have one, but it is more of a foot rust than usable.

Have you got the attachment point strengtheners that were welded to the floor on cars that were equipped with the passenger footrest from the factory? Those are the most difficult bits to get in my experience ( for obvious reasons ).

I've got a spare footrest if you need a better one........?

No, I wasn't certain what I was going to do to strengthen the floor, Alan. Probably a large diameter flat washer. Please keep my name on the foot rest. There is talk of a Euro visit in June and I may get the chance to visit you and Len. Thanks for thinking of me.

Chris

You might want to try and replicate the original pieces, which had a lip on them ( for added strength I think ). The outside one had a distinct 'ear' on it to clear the sill seam.

Crap photo ( apologies ) attached below to illustrate:

If you're coming to UK in June you'll want to see Kevin & Gary's cars I should think? I'll see what I can arrange for you.

post-2116-14150799544159_thumb.jpg

As long as we are on the foot rest tangent, I'll post a picture of the specimen I have to work with. To the best of my knowledge, the original finsh was gloss or semi-gloss black with at ridged rubber sleeve on the foor bar. AMCO accessories sold a chrome version years ago. The "rest" bolts through the floor and the reinforcements Alan described. My example arrived with the indication that the carpeting placed over the mounting plate, but I need to verify that.

post-4148-14150799544624_thumb.jpg

As long as we are on the foot rest tangent, I'll post a picture of the specimen I have to work with. To the best of my knowledge, the original finsh was gloss or semi-gloss black with at ridged rubber sleeve on the foor bar. AMCO accessories sold a chrome version years ago. The "rest" bolts through the floor and the reinforcements Alan described. My example arrived with the indication that the carpeting placed over the mounting plate, but I need to verify that.

Here is a photo of the one out of my 78. It is the same as a 73 Fairlady I had in the early 1990's. I remember the 73 had snap-in floor mats with cut outs around the bar.

footrest.jpg

Wingo , you asked for our thoughts. Personally I would pass right off because of the fact it is a right hand drive . That is if I would want the car to drive on the street here in the USA. I wouldent buy any car off EBay anyway unless I saw it inperson first , or had someone that I knew personally that looked at it for me . Just too many variables , especially with a Z . The different color hood dosent mean crap to me . The car needs paint anyway. Gary

For what's worth, I have seen in person and did bring a very picky former owner of 10 Fairlady Zs with me to do a once over on the car. It is a good car for a RHD that is all I can say.

The 432 had a steel bonnet ( hood ). I think you are getting it confused with the 432-R, which had an FRP bonnet.

The car you pictured above is a genuine 432-R, and the pictures were taken at a temporary display on the ground floor of Nissan's main showroom in Ginza, Tokyo ( not a museum, unfortunately ).

The car on eBay has a slightly confusing description. As it has an 'S30' VIN prefix it obviously started life as either a 'Fairlady Z' ( S30-S model ) or 'Fairlady Z-L' ( S30 model ), and I'd say it was more likely the latter given the evidence of what remains from the original spec. Therefore any mention of '240Z' is inaccurate, as it is clearly neither an Export model 'Datsun 240Z' or one of the domestic market 'Fairlady 240Z' models ( 'HS30-S' / 'HS30' / 'HS30-H' etc ).

I'd like to hear the full VIN / body serial number combo to date it properly.

Thanks for clearing that up ~H~ ^_^

Anybody know how many 432-R's are left?

I'm playing the Power Ball this weekend!