IGNORED

Skyline like yours in Redondo Beach

Mat Big Hat

I remember the conversation. At the time the car had triple webers on it, no cat, and headers. No way it was ever going to pass smog. Since then, the car's VIN got flagged by the DMV for illegal smog. I tried to put all the smog equipment from a 280z onto the L20E motor, but the BAR agent failed it because the block was not a US spec block for that year 280z. Since it was off the road anyway, it started to build a L28 with the correct equipment to pass smog. Plans changed and it has sat in the garage, safe and sound, for the last few years. In about a week though I will get a refreshed L28ET from an '82 280ZX turbo and drop that into it with all the smog equipment intact. I have been working with the BAR agent to make sure everything will be nice and legal from the start. It has been a long process, but it will be nice to not have to look for Johnny Law over my shoulder.

Besides, a classic Skyline doesn't blend into traffic very well.

Chris

Hey Cris!!!

Man welcome and i must say that is a dope car! I moved down here from japan and I live in Long Beach now...I need help registering my Kenmeri and was wondering if you could tell me how you did it!? It's a 77....that's what the Japanese title says....and i know it aint gonna pass California smog!

Japanese title or military title?

has the car been federalized? Any compliance done?

Originally licensed in the US somewhere else?

PM me.

Bonezelite (Cop car paint) bought the 240K from Brian in Arizona, then sold it to someone else. If he is still on here maybe he can give details.

Brian's (White) Kenmeri with the messed up VIN is in Utah, but trying to get to northern Califonia when the VIN gets cleared up. Guy who own a performance shop up there is trying to buy it. Wants to start making Kenmeri upgrade parts like disk brakes and such.

Chris's (mine) (Silver) Kenmeri is safely in my garage, till I get the registartion sorted out.

Tyrone has a Kenmeri he imported himself, safely in his garage. His posts started before he left Japan.

Matt Big Hat's friend has (Blue) Kenmeri in San Diego. The only non-GTR clone, props for that.

White and Green Kenmeri in San Diego, think it has a swapped SR20. Don't know current ownership.

There is a real KPGC110 Kenmeri (Silver) in OC. Have seen pictures, but not in person. No clue as to who owns it.

There is a second (Silver) Kenmeri at a shop in Orange County that was for sale a year or so back. Anybody know what happened to that one?

Norcal has his (Silver) don't know where he bought it from, I think it was the one on Ebay in Washington State about 6 months ago.

There is the (Blue) race car, non-legal, that shows up at JCCS sometimes. I think he is out of Los Angeles as well. This car was shipped back to Japan in 2007.

That is all I know of for sure. Heard rumors that there is one in Tenessee.

They seem to be breeding......

Edited by ctcurnes

the blue kenmeri belongs to my friend now. it is not a clone. it looks just like it did at jccs '06 (but 5 years older). no drivetrain atm, but we'll try to get it together for jccs '11 which will supposedly have a kenmeri tribute

http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/gallery/2006/jccs06-jdm0000.jpg

btw, the blue race car was shipped back to japan soon after jccs '07